- Bomb Threat at Garlock Plant
- Three apprehended for armed robberies in Ontario
- Electricity bills double for Walworth Sewer Plant
- North Rose whistle stop a must see
- Local Scout gives report in Washington, DC
- Model trains more than a hobby
- Accidents highlight the dangers of Snowmobiling
- Charter School Plans to Open in Phelps
- One Second, Everything Changes
- Dante Taylor murder trial delayed until this Fall
Investigation into the distribution and growing of marijuana leads to arrest in Newark
- Updated: August 11, 2011
Members of the Village of Newark Police Department conducted a search warrant at the residence of 130 Williams Street, in Newark on Wednesday (8/3).
Subsequently, Loran D. Hotel Jr., age 47, of 130 Williams Street was arrested on Monday (8/8) for Unlawfully Growing Cannabis Class A Misdemeanor and Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the fourth degree a Class A Misdemeanor.
According to Newark Chief Daid Christler, police found two plants at the residence, but a quantity of growing equipment and growing logs which Hotel kept.
Records show Hotel is a convicted felon with an Assault in the 2nd Degree charge in 1989 and Felony DWI arrests, therefore cannot possess any weapons. Police found a shotgun and .22 rifle in his possession at the time of the arrest.
Hotel was arraigned by the Honorable William Schusler and released on his own recognizance to return to the Village of Newark Court on August 17th, 2011.
The arrest was the culmination of information gathered by the police investigation and no more arrests are expected. According to sources, Hotel makes a living off rental properties in Newark. He resides at the Williams Street home with his wife and children.