- Why are they still drinking and driving?
- Thefts in Macedon lead to police chase
- Finger Lakes Region Ripe for Cider Production
- Wilbert’s Location In Williamson Catches Fire
- All “Signs” point to theft
- Initial plan for possible take-back of school district sales tax dollars laid out
- Cracker Box Palace feeling the strain of caring for animals from abuse cases
- Macedon Board hears public comment on new Fire Association
- Wayne Board hears Parent rebukes of the district’s handling of drunk bus driver incident
- Wayne Central English Teacher Arrested
Hit & Run accident leads to arrest of four-time DWI felon
- Updated: May 4, 2013
State Police responded to a report of a property damage hit and run accident on Sunday (4/28) at 7:45 a.m. A woman reported that the vehicle she was operating was struck from behind while she was waiting for a light at Routes 441 and 350 in the Town of Walworth. The offending vehicle then backed up and hit the woman’s vehicle again, then reportedly drove around her and headed eastbound on Route 441.
The vehicle was located on Huntley Road in Marion and the driver, Michael Raup, age 54, of Huntley Road, Lot 17 in Marion told police that he perhaps had three, or four beers, but did not recall hitting another vehicle.
Raup was charged with Felony DWI/BAC with a blood alcohol level of .10% and Leaving the Scene of a Property Damage Accident.
Records show Raup has an extensive police history with 27 arrests, 10 convictions, eight felony convictions and four previous felony Driving While Intoxicated. He has served two prior state prison sentences for Felony DWI convictions. Raup was arraigned and remanded to jail on No Bail due to his prior record