- AAA gives Daylight Savings driver/pedestrian tips
- Seniors beware of latest phone scams
- What About the Rieslings?
- Palmyra files action against property owner
- Ontario man charged with shooting his dog in the head
- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
Hit & Run accident leads to arrest of four-time DWI felon
- Updated: May 4, 2013
State Police responded to a report of a property damage hit and run accident on Sunday (4/28) at 7:45 a.m. A woman reported that the vehicle she was operating was struck from behind while she was waiting for a light at Routes 441 and 350 in the Town of Walworth. The offending vehicle then backed up and hit the woman’s vehicle again, then reportedly drove around her and headed eastbound on Route 441.
The vehicle was located on Huntley Road in Marion and the driver, Michael Raup, age 54, of Huntley Road, Lot 17 in Marion told police that he perhaps had three, or four beers, but did not recall hitting another vehicle.
Raup was charged with Felony DWI/BAC with a blood alcohol level of .10% and Leaving the Scene of a Property Damage Accident.
Records show Raup has an extensive police history with 27 arrests, 10 convictions, eight felony convictions and four previous felony Driving While Intoxicated. He has served two prior state prison sentences for Felony DWI convictions. Raup was arraigned and remanded to jail on No Bail due to his prior record