- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
- Resignation of Wayne Superintendent Accepted
- Father charged after baby hospitalized with severe burns
Head on crash kills man in Macedon
- Updated: March 23, 2013
The Town of Macedon Police Department investigated a two car personal injury accident on Thursday, March 21st, at approximately 9:44 pm. Police were dispatched to NYS Route 31 between Alderman Road and Yellow Mills Road. Upon arrival Police located one occupant in each vehicle with one being deceased at the scene and the other driver seriously injured.
Police report that Paul A. Anderson, age 62, of Armington Road, Palmyra, was traveling eastbound on NYS Rt. 31 when his vehicle was struck head-on by a westbound vehicle being driven by Linda Lucas, age 66, of Linnet Street, Rochester. Police report that Paul Anderson was killed on impact, and that Linda Lucas had to be extricated from her vehicle with lower extremity injuries. Mr. Anderson was pronounced deceased at the scene by Wayne County Coroner, Dr. Hannon. Mrs. Lucas was transported to Strong Hospital for her injuries and her current status is not known.
Assisting the Macedon Police Department with the accident investigation were members of the Wayne County Sheriff’s Accident Reconstruction Team and Road Patrol, along with the NYS Police, Macedon Fire Department, Macedon Town Ambulance.
Macedon Police Chief John P. Colella reports that the investigation into the accident and why the Lucas vehicle was traveling in the wrong lane of traffic is continuing. Chief Colella advised that alcohol and speed do not appear to be a factor at this time.