- Is cursive writing cursed?
- Wolcott sex offender charged with endangering
- Rethinking Apple Retailing with “TreeCrisp2Go”
- Dante Taylor sentencing goes off without a hitch
- Woman grabs purse from elderly couple
- Two Macedon Trustees call for Village dissolution
- World Series of “Beep Baseball” comes to Rochester
- WayneNet nails mushroom seller
- Completion of Erie Canalway Trail in Arcadia
- Gananda proposes Capital Project
Former Wayne County man arrested for two counts of Rape in the 1st Degree
- Updated: June 25, 2011
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office reported the arrest on Thursday of Michael F. Murray, age 38, giving a current address in Troy, New York for two counts of Rape in the 1st Degree.
It is alleged that between 2005-2006 Murray sexually abused with two girls, ages 8-9 at the time of the offenses. He reportedly raped and sodomized the two young girls while living in the Town of Huron.
The incidents reportedly came to light after the two sisters heard descriptions of sexual crimes while attending health classes at school. “They thought this was something that just happened,” said the girls’ mother. “I was the last to know about it,” she added. The two girls, now age 14, are undergoing counseling and medical tests are pending.
According to the mother, Michael Murray was a heavy drinker with several DWI convictions and reportedly has mental health issues. He was arraigned in Huron Town Court and bail was set at $50,000 cash/$100,000 bond. Murray’s father, Richard Murray immediately posted bail for his son and he was released from jail. He is scheduled to reappear in Huron Town Court for a preliminary hearing on July 25th.
Wayne County District Attorney Rick Healy said the case will be presented for Grand Jury action.
The girls’ mother describes her daughters as “honor students, good, quiet kids involved in sports”. “This has been a heartbreaking ordeal for all involved” said the mother.