- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
- Walworth parents charged – children living in squalor
- Red Creek man breaks in Church
- Train Traveler charged in Wallet Theft
- Rehearsals for Play Begin at Newark High School
- Mom charged with Endangering, driving without child restraint
- Sculptor Albert Paley visit FLCC for forum
Fatal ATV accident in Marion
- Updated: July 24, 2013
On Monday, July 22, at about 9:05 p.m., the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office investigated an ATV personal injury motor vehicle accident that occurred behind the residence at 3818 Ball Road in the Town of Marion. It appe;ars the vehicle was going down a hill on the property and hit a fallen tree that was across the trail. It appears the vehicle went airborne and caused the riders to go airborne and possibly land back on the vehicle before hitting the ground.
The operator of the ATV, Cody D. Poorman, age 21 of Williamson Road, Marion was evaluated at the scene and transported by Walworth Town Ambulance to Strong Memorial Hospital for his injuries. The Passenger of the ATV, Taylor R. BLiss, age 20 of Pardy Smith Road, Newark, was flown by Mercy Flight to Strong Memorial Hospital for serious injuries sustained from the crash.
Bliss later succumbed to her injuries while at the hospital.
Deputies were assisted by Marion, Walworth, and Williamson and Mercy Flight EMS Services