- Why are they still drinking and driving?
- Thefts in Macedon lead to police chase
- Finger Lakes Region Ripe for Cider Production
- Wilbert’s Location In Williamson Catches Fire
- All “Signs” point to theft
- Initial plan for possible take-back of school district sales tax dollars laid out
- Cracker Box Palace feeling the strain of caring for animals from abuse cases
- Macedon Board hears public comment on new Fire Association
- Wayne Board hears Parent rebukes of the district’s handling of drunk bus driver incident
- Wayne Central English Teacher Arrested
Fatal ATV accident in Marion
- Updated: July 24, 2013
On Monday, July 22, at about 9:05 p.m., the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office investigated an ATV personal injury motor vehicle accident that occurred behind the residence at 3818 Ball Road in the Town of Marion. It appe;ars the vehicle was going down a hill on the property and hit a fallen tree that was across the trail. It appears the vehicle went airborne and caused the riders to go airborne and possibly land back on the vehicle before hitting the ground.
The operator of the ATV, Cody D. Poorman, age 21 of Williamson Road, Marion was evaluated at the scene and transported by Walworth Town Ambulance to Strong Memorial Hospital for his injuries. The Passenger of the ATV, Taylor R. BLiss, age 20 of Pardy Smith Road, Newark, was flown by Mercy Flight to Strong Memorial Hospital for serious injuries sustained from the crash.
Bliss later succumbed to her injuries while at the hospital.
Deputies were assisted by Marion, Walworth, and Williamson and Mercy Flight EMS Services