- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Updated: April 13, 2014
On 04/12/14, State Police investigated a one-vehicle fatal collision that occurred at approximately 4:47 a.m. on Furnace Road in the Town of Wolcott. A vehicle being operated by Charles R. Geiwitz Jr., age 28, of 6354 East Port Bay Road, Wolcott, New York was traveling east on Furnace Road. The vehicle left the north side of the road for an unknown reason, struck a utility pole and overturned. Geiwitz was pronounced dead at the scene by Wayne County Coroner Doctor David Hannan. A passenger in the vehicle, Maranda Bean, age 21, of North Rose, New York was flown to Upstate Medical Center by Mercy Flight. She was being treated for multiple fractures and listed in serious, but stable condition. The cause of the collision is still under investigation. The Wolcott Fire Department, Lakeshore Rescue and Fair Haven Rescue assisted at the scene.