- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
- Sewer issue heating up in Macedon
- “Yellow Dot” Kit available at Lyons Library
- Fifty unit, 55 & older apartment complex proposed in Walworth
- Gananda’s Haunted Hayrides begins Oct. 10
- Major Job Expansion in Clyde
Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Updated: April 13, 2014
On 04/12/14, State Police investigated a one-vehicle fatal collision that occurred at approximately 4:47 a.m. on Furnace Road in the Town of Wolcott. A vehicle being operated by Charles R. Geiwitz Jr., age 28, of 6354 East Port Bay Road, Wolcott, New York was traveling east on Furnace Road. The vehicle left the north side of the road for an unknown reason, struck a utility pole and overturned. Geiwitz was pronounced dead at the scene by Wayne County Coroner Doctor David Hannan. A passenger in the vehicle, Maranda Bean, age 21, of North Rose, New York was flown to Upstate Medical Center by Mercy Flight. She was being treated for multiple fractures and listed in serious, but stable condition. The cause of the collision is still under investigation. The Wolcott Fire Department, Lakeshore Rescue and Fair Haven Rescue assisted at the scene.