- Train Traveler charged in Wallet Theft
- Rehearsals for Play Begin at Newark High School
- Mom charged with Endangering, driving without child restraint
- Sculptor Albert Paley visit FLCC for forum
- Fun vs. Privacy
- What if you make too much to get help?
- When one wife is just not enough
- Larcenies of ATVs solved
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
Fatal Accident in Seneca County
- Updated: July 28, 2014
The Seneca County Sheriff’s Office reports that on July 26, 2014 at 9:06 pm Sheriff’s Deputies responded to 4043 County Road 143 Trumansburg in the Town of Covert to investigate a Fatal farming accident. Upon arrival to the scene Sheriff’s Deputies located 24 year old Nathan Z. Hoover, of Seybolt Road Seneca Falls, entrapped in a piece of farming equipment. Through the investigation it was found that Hoover had been operating a skid loader and had pulled up alongside and appearently reached out to do something with a hay baling machine , when the front loader was released – coming down and crushing him. Deputies report that Hoover may have accidentally hit the front end loader control with his foot. Hoover was killed and pronounced dead at the scene by Seneca County Coroner Deborah Kelly. The Seneca County Sheriff’s Office was assisted on scene by Trumansburg Ambulance and Fire D epartment.