- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Updated: March 28, 2014
Fire destroyed a large building at Wayside Garden Center in Macedon, around 1:30 a.m on Tuesday. A second building was also badly damaged and a hazmat situation was declared because of pesticides located in the vicinity.
Wayside’s owner, Leo Sorbella, said the main retail part of the business remains open, and was not affected by the incident.
The fire mainly impacted storage and maintenance equipment, as well as electrical connections that feed power to the greenhouses. He added most of their spring crops appear to be unaffected.
The fire is under investigation, though police and the center’s owner don’t believe there was any foul play.