- Train Traveler charged in Wallet Theft
- Rehearsals for Play Begin at Newark High School
- Mom charged with Endangering, driving without child restraint
- Sculptor Albert Paley visit FLCC for forum
- Fun vs. Privacy
- What if you make too much to get help?
- Ontario Hess Express robbers apprehended
- When one wife is just not enough
- Larcenies of ATVs solved
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
Drop-in Center Graduates
- Updated: December 22, 2011
The Drop-In Center, located within the offices of Wayne Pre-Trial Services, Inc. at 103 Colton Avenue in Newark, has graduated twenty students for the 2009, 2010 & 2011 academic years. In addition to receiving their GED Diplomas from the New York State Education Department, each student was invited to participate in the formal GED graduation ceremony at Finger Lakes Community College in June.
The Drop-In Center is jointly sponsored by Wayne Pre-Trial Services, Inc. and Finger Lakes Community College. Classes are free and open to anyone.
Classes are held Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:00 – 4:00 pm. All books and study materials are provided. Anyone interested in studying for their GED should call 331-0897 or simply stop in during class times to register and begin [or to pick up a schedule of other FLCC GED class times/locations].
Wayne Pre-Trial Services, Inc. receives support from the County of Wayne, Wayne County Department of Aging and Youth, the United Way of Wayne County, Finger Lakes Community College, and New York State. Past funding sources have also included the Rochester Area Community Foundation and the Ronald McDonald House Charities.