- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
Drop-in Center Graduates
- Updated: December 22, 2011
The Drop-In Center, located within the offices of Wayne Pre-Trial Services, Inc. at 103 Colton Avenue in Newark, has graduated twenty students for the 2009, 2010 & 2011 academic years. In addition to receiving their GED Diplomas from the New York State Education Department, each student was invited to participate in the formal GED graduation ceremony at Finger Lakes Community College in June.
The Drop-In Center is jointly sponsored by Wayne Pre-Trial Services, Inc. and Finger Lakes Community College. Classes are free and open to anyone.
Classes are held Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:00 – 4:00 pm. All books and study materials are provided. Anyone interested in studying for their GED should call 331-0897 or simply stop in during class times to register and begin [or to pick up a schedule of other FLCC GED class times/locations].
Wayne Pre-Trial Services, Inc. receives support from the County of Wayne, Wayne County Department of Aging and Youth, the United Way of Wayne County, Finger Lakes Community College, and New York State. Past funding sources have also included the Rochester Area Community Foundation and the Ronald McDonald House Charities.