- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
- Resignation of Wayne Superintendent Accepted
- Father charged after baby hospitalized with severe burns
Confined to home, Newark teen continues hefty drug sales
- Updated: January 25, 2014
The Wayne County Narcotics Enforcement Team (WayneNET), along with the Village of Newark Police Department, announced the arrest on Wednesday (1/22) of Overton L. Johnson, age 18, of 516 Woodhill Apartments in Newark.
Following the investigation of suspicious activity at the residence, WayneNET executed a search warrant, issued out of the Village of Newark local court. As a result of that search warrant, police found 78 individually wrapped bags of suspected crack cocaine at Johnson’s apartment.
Johnson, who is currently participating in Wayne County Drug Court, and is currently on electronic home monitoring, awaiting sentencing from the previous investigation of him selling cocaine, was at his residence when the search was conducted.
The individually wrapped bags that contained the suspected cocaine had an approximate weight of 40 grams.
Johnson was charged with Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Third Degree, a Class B Felony, brought before the Village of Newark Justice Court, where he was remanded to the Wayne County Sheriff’s Jail, without bail, pending his next scheduled court appearance on January 27.
The Village of Newark Police Department and Wayne NET Were assisted by the New York State Police Community Narcotics Enforcement Team, C-NET.