- When one wife is just not enough
- Larcenies of ATVs solved
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
Clyde Savannah Middle Schooler dies suddenly
- Updated: March 8, 2013
A Clyde Savannah Middle Schooler, 13 year old Mark “M.J.” Deary, went home sick from school on Thursday, February 28th, with what flu-like symptoms. The community was shocked and saddened to learn that, by Sunday, Mark had died from what now appears to be complications from juvenile diabetes. The Geneva General Hospital determined that the boy had gone into a diabetic coma and succumbed to a cardiac arrest. Mark’s parents were never aware he had the disease.
Mark’s family encourages parents to have their kids tested once a year to prevent more lives from being taken.
In a statement, the school said: “The Clyde-Savannah Central School District is saddened by the passing of one of our middle school students on March 4. Mark Deary attended Clyde-Savannah Middle School and was in seventh grade. The District is grieving the loss of this wonderful and loving student and sends our condolences to his family. Mark will be sadly missed by the Clyde-Savannah School District family. Additional counselors were assigned to the Middle School and will be available to support students and staff.
Food donations are being accepted at Thorn Farms 10312 Turnpike Road Apt A Clyde, NY 14433. Tuesday, March 12th will be Wear Red Day. Red was Mark’s Favorite Color! Service Tuesday, March 12th at 3:00PM, Christ Community Church, 27 West Genesee Street, Clyde, New York 14433