- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
- Lyons votes 474 to 309 for Dissolution
- Two nabbed distributing Indian reservation cigarettes
Clyde Savannah Middle Schooler dies suddenly
- Updated: March 8, 2013
A Clyde Savannah Middle Schooler, 13 year old Mark “M.J.” Deary, went home sick from school on Thursday, February 28th, with what flu-like symptoms. The community was shocked and saddened to learn that, by Sunday, Mark had died from what now appears to be complications from juvenile diabetes. The Geneva General Hospital determined that the boy had gone into a diabetic coma and succumbed to a cardiac arrest. Mark’s parents were never aware he had the disease.
Mark’s family encourages parents to have their kids tested once a year to prevent more lives from being taken.
In a statement, the school said: “The Clyde-Savannah Central School District is saddened by the passing of one of our middle school students on March 4. Mark Deary attended Clyde-Savannah Middle School and was in seventh grade. The District is grieving the loss of this wonderful and loving student and sends our condolences to his family. Mark will be sadly missed by the Clyde-Savannah School District family. Additional counselors were assigned to the Middle School and will be available to support students and staff.
Food donations are being accepted at Thorn Farms 10312 Turnpike Road Apt A Clyde, NY 14433. Tuesday, March 12th will be Wear Red Day. Red was Mark’s Favorite Color! Service Tuesday, March 12th at 3:00PM, Christ Community Church, 27 West Genesee Street, Clyde, New York 14433