- Bomb Threat at Garlock Plant
- Three apprehended for armed robberies in Ontario
- Electricity bills double for Walworth Sewer Plant
- North Rose whistle stop a must see
- Local Scout gives report in Washington, DC
- Model trains more than a hobby
- Accidents highlight the dangers of Snowmobiling
- Charter School Plans to Open in Phelps
- One Second, Everything Changes
- Dante Taylor murder trial delayed until this Fall
Calling All Skippers! Invitation to Lighted Boat Flotilla on Sodus Bay
- Updated: July 19, 2012
There will be a Sodus Bay Lighted Boat Flotilla held on Saturday EVENING, August 18th at 8:00PM. The rain date will be Sunday EVENING, August 19th, 2012 at 8:00PM.
This “Lighted Boat Flotilla” will not be an ordinary boat parade. The boats that enter are to be decorated with LIGHTS. Lights of all kinds, sizes, colors, strings of lights! Dig out your Christmas tree lights and start designing and decorating.
Be A Part Of The Fun! Get A Crew! Any Kind And Any Size Boat Can Enter! Establishing a theme and decorating is half the fun! If you don’t want to follow a theme, just decorate your boat with as many lights as you wish.
Sign up now and be a part of this 2012 Sodus Bay Labor Day Flotilla. To obtain Lighted Boat Flotilla Registration packets, go to the Sodus Point Village Hall, behind the Sodus Point Volunteer Fire Department Station House or E-Mail – email@example.com.
1. It is important that you fill out a Registration form and submit a check for the NON-REFUNDABLE REGISTRATION FEE OF $15.00. Checks to be made out to the Sodus Point Volunteer Fire Department. All pertinent information for the Registration process is on the Registration form enclosed in this packet. Mail to P. O. Box 103, Sodus Point, NY 14555.
2. There will be a Skippers Meeting on Saturday MORNING, August 18, 2012, at 10:00AM. It is required that the Skipper of each entered boat attend. All details of the Flotilla Parade will be discussed at this meeting. This will include the time and place where line-up will be, the Flotilla Parade course and safety protocol. In addition, your boat number will be handed out.
Your boat will have to have a number in order to be judged. The meeting place will be at the Sodus Point Volunteer Fire Department Station House. It is located at 8356 Bay Street.
3. Boats must complete the entire parade route to be eligible for the awards.
This year’s awards will be judged on five categories:
1. Best in Show
2. Best Power Boat
3. Best Sail Boat
4. Best Commercial or Corporate Boat
5. Best Costumes & Crew Spirit