- Is cursive writing cursed?
- Wolcott sex offender charged with endangering
- Rethinking Apple Retailing with “TreeCrisp2Go”
- Dante Taylor sentencing goes off without a hitch
- Woman grabs purse from elderly couple
- Two Macedon Trustees call for Village dissolution
- World Series of “Beep Baseball” comes to Rochester
- WayneNet nails mushroom seller
- Completion of Erie Canalway Trail in Arcadia
- Gananda proposes Capital Project
Butler man arrested after assaulting a 70 year old female clerk in Wolcott
- Updated: February 2, 2012
On Saturday (1/28), the State Police in Wolcott and the Wolcott Police Department arrested Devronn L. Roberts, age 33, from Maryland who most recently moved to Butler, for Robbery 2nd and Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 7th after a violent attack on a 70 year old.
On Friday (1/27), Roberts entered the Bargain Seller in the Village of Wolcott and convinced a 70 year old female employee to go to the back of the store where he assaulted her by kicking and punching the elderly female clerk.
The woman was knocked to the ground and again kicked and struck in the head with a 1 liter bottle of red grenadine syrup that shattered all over. Roberts then opened the register and removed approximately $20-$30 dollars before fleeing the store.
The victim was transported to Newark/ Wayne Hospital for treatment for her injuries and released.
Roberts was later located walking on Main Street in the Village of Wolcott. When captured, Roberts had red grenadine syrup on his coat and shoes. He admitted to the crime and was arraigned in the Town of Rose Court and remanded to the Wayne County Jail in Lieu of $50,000 cash/$100,000 bond and is to return to the Town of Rose Court on Wednesday February 1, at 1:00pm.