- When one wife is just not enough
- Larcenies of ATVs solved
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
BREAKING: Wolcott man killed in vehicle accident
- Updated: April 20, 2013
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office investigated a fatal motor vehicle accident in the Town of Sodus on Friday (4/19) night at 10:16 p.m.
A vehicle being operated by Richard M. French, age 52 of New Hartford Street in Wolcolt, was headed eastbound on State Route 104 just east of Bond Road when for unknown reasons went off of the roadway on the southside of the road. The vehicle rolled over several times and struck a tree, ejecting Mr. French from the vehicle. Mr. French was transported to Newark Wayne Community Hospital where he was later pronounced deceased.
Rebekah A. French, a passenger in the vehicle was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital to be treated for her injuries.
Assisting the Wayne County Sheriffs Office on the scene were members from the Alton Fire and Ambulance, Wallington Fire, Sodus Center Ambulance and A.L.S. from Sodus Town and Arcadia Ambulance.
More on this and other police news in the weekend/print edition of the Times.