- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
- Sewer issue heating up in Macedon
- “Yellow Dot” Kit available at Lyons Library
- Fifty unit, 55 & older apartment complex proposed in Walworth
- Gananda’s Haunted Hayrides begins Oct. 10
- Major Job Expansion in Clyde
BREAKING: Wolcott man killed in vehicle accident
- Updated: April 20, 2013
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office investigated a fatal motor vehicle accident in the Town of Sodus on Friday (4/19) night at 10:16 p.m.
A vehicle being operated by Richard M. French, age 52 of New Hartford Street in Wolcolt, was headed eastbound on State Route 104 just east of Bond Road when for unknown reasons went off of the roadway on the southside of the road. The vehicle rolled over several times and struck a tree, ejecting Mr. French from the vehicle. Mr. French was transported to Newark Wayne Community Hospital where he was later pronounced deceased.
Rebekah A. French, a passenger in the vehicle was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital to be treated for her injuries.
Assisting the Wayne County Sheriffs Office on the scene were members from the Alton Fire and Ambulance, Wallington Fire, Sodus Center Ambulance and A.L.S. from Sodus Town and Arcadia Ambulance.
More on this and other police news in the weekend/print edition of the Times.