- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
- Lyons votes 474 to 309 for Dissolution
- Two nabbed distributing Indian reservation cigarettes
BREAKING: Wolcott man killed in vehicle accident
- Updated: April 20, 2013
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office investigated a fatal motor vehicle accident in the Town of Sodus on Friday (4/19) night at 10:16 p.m.
A vehicle being operated by Richard M. French, age 52 of New Hartford Street in Wolcolt, was headed eastbound on State Route 104 just east of Bond Road when for unknown reasons went off of the roadway on the southside of the road. The vehicle rolled over several times and struck a tree, ejecting Mr. French from the vehicle. Mr. French was transported to Newark Wayne Community Hospital where he was later pronounced deceased.
Rebekah A. French, a passenger in the vehicle was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital to be treated for her injuries.
Assisting the Wayne County Sheriffs Office on the scene were members from the Alton Fire and Ambulance, Wallington Fire, Sodus Center Ambulance and A.L.S. from Sodus Town and Arcadia Ambulance.
More on this and other police news in the weekend/print edition of the Times.