- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
BREAKING: Wolcott man killed in vehicle accident
- Updated: April 20, 2013
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office investigated a fatal motor vehicle accident in the Town of Sodus on Friday (4/19) night at 10:16 p.m.
A vehicle being operated by Richard M. French, age 52 of New Hartford Street in Wolcolt, was headed eastbound on State Route 104 just east of Bond Road when for unknown reasons went off of the roadway on the southside of the road. The vehicle rolled over several times and struck a tree, ejecting Mr. French from the vehicle. Mr. French was transported to Newark Wayne Community Hospital where he was later pronounced deceased.
Rebekah A. French, a passenger in the vehicle was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital to be treated for her injuries.
Assisting the Wayne County Sheriffs Office on the scene were members from the Alton Fire and Ambulance, Wallington Fire, Sodus Center Ambulance and A.L.S. from Sodus Town and Arcadia Ambulance.
More on this and other police news in the weekend/print edition of the Times.