- Dairy farm fire in Walworth
- Cruelty Investigators seize 16 horses, other animals at Sodus property
- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
Body of missing North-Rose teacher recovered on Saturday
- Updated: February 21, 2013
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office reported the recovery of the body of Frederick Dunn 48 years of age, of Wolcott, missing since Wednesday 2/20.
Dunn, a music teacher with the North Rose – Wolcott School District was reported missing after he left a play practice at the school to run some errands. Dunn’s vehicle was found later that night at Dutch St. in the Town of Huron where it dead ends at Lake Ontario.
Sheriff’s Deputies, along with area fire departments, New York State Police aviation unit, New York State DEC Forestry Division, and Massasauga Search and Rescue conducted land, air and water searches throughout the past days in an attempt to locate Dunn.
Dunn’s body was located shortly after 10:15am by search teams along the shore of Lake Ontario. The body was removed from the scene by Wayne County Coroner, Dr. David Hannan, to determine the cause of death.
The Sheriff’s Office does not believe Dunn was a victim of foul play.