- AAA gives Daylight Savings driver/pedestrian tips
- Seniors beware of latest phone scams
- White’s Wines: What About the Rieslings?
- Palmyra files action against property owner
- Ontario man charged with shooting his dog in the head
- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
Breaking News: Wayne County Republican Chairman charged with Felony DWI
- Updated: February 10, 2013
On Friday (2/8) at about 9:30 PM, Lyons Police Officers, on patrol, observed a vehicle operating without headlights on Montezuma Street in the Village. Additionally the vehicle failed to stop at a stop sign. Officers subsequently stopped the vehicle and charged the operator, Daniel A. Olson, age 61, of 2728 Layton Street Road in Lyons with Felony DWI, based on a previous DWI conviction.
Olson refused the breath test and was arraigned by Arcadia Town Judge, Arthur Williams, and released on his own recognizance to appear in Lyons Village Court on a later date.
Olson, who is the Wayne County Republican Committee Chairman is expected to resign that position.