- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
- Walworth parents charged – children living in squalor
- Red Creek man breaks in Church
- Train Traveler charged in Wallet Theft
- Rehearsals for Play Begin at Newark High School
- Mom charged with Endangering, driving without child restraint
- Sculptor Albert Paley visit FLCC for forum
Breaking News: Wayne County Republican Chairman charged with Felony DWI
- Updated: February 10, 2013
On Friday (2/8) at about 9:30 PM, Lyons Police Officers, on patrol, observed a vehicle operating without headlights on Montezuma Street in the Village. Additionally the vehicle failed to stop at a stop sign. Officers subsequently stopped the vehicle and charged the operator, Daniel A. Olson, age 61, of 2728 Layton Street Road in Lyons with Felony DWI, based on a previous DWI conviction.
Olson refused the breath test and was arraigned by Arcadia Town Judge, Arthur Williams, and released on his own recognizance to appear in Lyons Village Court on a later date.
Olson, who is the Wayne County Republican Committee Chairman is expected to resign that position.