- Is cursive writing cursed?
- Wolcott sex offender charged with endangering
- Rethinking Apple Retailing with “TreeCrisp2Go”
- Dante Taylor sentencing goes off without a hitch
- Woman grabs purse from elderly couple
- Two Macedon Trustees call for Village dissolution
- World Series of “Beep Baseball” comes to Rochester
- WayneNet nails mushroom seller
- Completion of Erie Canalway Trail in Arcadia
- Gananda proposes Capital Project
Breaking News: Wayne County Republican Chairman charged with Felony DWI
- Updated: February 10, 2013
On Friday (2/8) at about 9:30 PM, Lyons Police Officers, on patrol, observed a vehicle operating without headlights on Montezuma Street in the Village. Additionally the vehicle failed to stop at a stop sign. Officers subsequently stopped the vehicle and charged the operator, Daniel A. Olson, age 61, of 2728 Layton Street Road in Lyons with Felony DWI, based on a previous DWI conviction.
Olson refused the breath test and was arraigned by Arcadia Town Judge, Arthur Williams, and released on his own recognizance to appear in Lyons Village Court on a later date.
Olson, who is the Wayne County Republican Committee Chairman is expected to resign that position.