- Driver goes through stop sign and guardrail, ends up in Mill Pond
- Dairy farm fire in Walworth
- Cruelty Investigators seize 16 horses, other animals at Sodus property
- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
Breaking News: Wayne County Republican Chairman charged with Felony DWI
- Updated: February 10, 2013
On Friday (2/8) at about 9:30 PM, Lyons Police Officers, on patrol, observed a vehicle operating without headlights on Montezuma Street in the Village. Additionally the vehicle failed to stop at a stop sign. Officers subsequently stopped the vehicle and charged the operator, Daniel A. Olson, age 61, of 2728 Layton Street Road in Lyons with Felony DWI, based on a previous DWI conviction.
Olson refused the breath test and was arraigned by Arcadia Town Judge, Arthur Williams, and released on his own recognizance to appear in Lyons Village Court on a later date.
Olson, who is the Wayne County Republican Committee Chairman is expected to resign that position.