- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
- Resignation of Wayne Superintendent Accepted
- Father charged after baby hospitalized with severe burns
Breaking News — Car/Train accident in Macedon
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The Town of Macedon Police Department was on the scene Thursday night (2/14/13) investigating a vehicle that became stuck on the CSX railways at the Quaker Road crossing in the Town of Macedon at approximately 7:55 pm. The driver became disoriented, left the roadway and drove onto the tracks. A westbound Amtrak train struck the vehicle and tore it into two sections. The Amtrak Passenger train was stuck along with all CSX rail traffic for the next few hours. The driver of the vehicle and his passengers were able to get out of the vehicle shortly before it was struck.
No injuries have been reported relating to the vehicle or any of the passengers.
Read more in this weekends edition.