- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
Breaking News — Car/Train accident in Macedon
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The Town of Macedon Police Department was on the scene Thursday night (2/14/13) investigating a vehicle that became stuck on the CSX railways at the Quaker Road crossing in the Town of Macedon at approximately 7:55 pm. The driver became disoriented, left the roadway and drove onto the tracks. A westbound Amtrak train struck the vehicle and tore it into two sections. The Amtrak Passenger train was stuck along with all CSX rail traffic for the next few hours. The driver of the vehicle and his passengers were able to get out of the vehicle shortly before it was struck.
No injuries have been reported relating to the vehicle or any of the passengers.
Read more in this weekends edition.