- Is cursive writing cursed?
- Wolcott sex offender charged with endangering
- Rethinking Apple Retailing with “TreeCrisp2Go”
- Dante Taylor sentencing goes off without a hitch
- Woman grabs purse from elderly couple
- Two Macedon Trustees call for Village dissolution
- World Series of “Beep Baseball” comes to Rochester
- WayneNet nails mushroom seller
- Completion of Erie Canalway Trail in Arcadia
- Gananda proposes Capital Project
Breaking News — Car/Train accident in Macedon
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The Town of Macedon Police Department was on the scene Thursday night (2/14/13) investigating a vehicle that became stuck on the CSX railways at the Quaker Road crossing in the Town of Macedon at approximately 7:55 pm. The driver became disoriented, left the roadway and drove onto the tracks. A westbound Amtrak train struck the vehicle and tore it into two sections. The Amtrak Passenger train was stuck along with all CSX rail traffic for the next few hours. The driver of the vehicle and his passengers were able to get out of the vehicle shortly before it was struck.
No injuries have been reported relating to the vehicle or any of the passengers.
Read more in this weekends edition.