- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
UPDATE: Early morning shooting In the Village of Newark on October 12
- Updated: October 12, 2012
The Newark Police Department reports the investigation is continuing. The Victim, Larry R. Walrad, age 42 of 608 Silver Hill Road remains in guarded condition at Strong Memorial Hospital.
The victim reports that at about 5 AM Friday (10/12) morning he was awaken by someone knocking on the front of the house he rented. He yelled for the person to come around to the back door. Upon opening the door, he observed a tall, thin dark skinned male wearing a “hoodie” and brandishing a long gun. The victim immediately closed the door and turned, at which point the perpetrator fired one round through the center of the door, striking the victim. The victim further reported seeing a shorter dark skinned male standing behind the first but did not know either subject.
No description of a vehicle was given. Those with information should call 315-331-3701.