- Is cursive writing cursed?
- Wolcott sex offender charged with endangering
- Rethinking Apple Retailing with “TreeCrisp2Go”
- Dante Taylor sentencing goes off without a hitch
- Woman grabs purse from elderly couple
- Two Macedon Trustees call for Village dissolution
- World Series of “Beep Baseball” comes to Rochester
- WayneNet nails mushroom seller
- Completion of Erie Canalway Trail in Arcadia
- Gananda proposes Capital Project
UPDATE: Early morning shooting In the Village of Newark on October 12
- Updated: October 12, 2012
The Newark Police Department reports the investigation is continuing. The Victim, Larry R. Walrad, age 42 of 608 Silver Hill Road remains in guarded condition at Strong Memorial Hospital.
The victim reports that at about 5 AM Friday (10/12) morning he was awaken by someone knocking on the front of the house he rented. He yelled for the person to come around to the back door. Upon opening the door, he observed a tall, thin dark skinned male wearing a “hoodie” and brandishing a long gun. The victim immediately closed the door and turned, at which point the perpetrator fired one round through the center of the door, striking the victim. The victim further reported seeing a shorter dark skinned male standing behind the first but did not know either subject.
No description of a vehicle was given. Those with information should call 315-331-3701.