- Why are they still drinking and driving?
- Thefts in Macedon lead to police chase
- Finger Lakes Region Ripe for Cider Production
- Wilbert’s Location In Williamson Catches Fire
- All “Signs” point to theft
- Initial plan for possible take-back of school district sales tax dollars laid out
- Cracker Box Palace feeling the strain of caring for animals from abuse cases
- Macedon Board hears public comment on new Fire Association
- Wayne Board hears Parent rebukes of the district’s handling of drunk bus driver incident
- Wayne Central English Teacher Arrested
UPDATE: Early morning shooting In the Village of Newark on October 12
- Updated: October 12, 2012
The Newark Police Department reports the investigation is continuing. The Victim, Larry R. Walrad, age 42 of 608 Silver Hill Road remains in guarded condition at Strong Memorial Hospital.
The victim reports that at about 5 AM Friday (10/12) morning he was awaken by someone knocking on the front of the house he rented. He yelled for the person to come around to the back door. Upon opening the door, he observed a tall, thin dark skinned male wearing a “hoodie” and brandishing a long gun. The victim immediately closed the door and turned, at which point the perpetrator fired one round through the center of the door, striking the victim. The victim further reported seeing a shorter dark skinned male standing behind the first but did not know either subject.
No description of a vehicle was given. Those with information should call 315-331-3701.