- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
- Walworth parents charged – children living in squalor
- Red Creek man breaks in Church
- Train Traveler charged in Wallet Theft
- Rehearsals for Play Begin at Newark High School
- Mom charged with Endangering, driving without child restraint
- Sculptor Albert Paley visit FLCC for forum
Body of missing Macedon man found
- Updated: July 17, 2014
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office reports that the Sheriff’s Marine Division and Scuba Divers have located the missing Town of Macedon man, James M. Zuber, and his vehicle in the Erie Canal near the intersection of Alderman Road and Rte. 31 in the Town of Macedon, Wayne County.
Deputies were searching the Alderman Road area because information received from cell phone towers placed the last data transmission in a 2 mile radius of the intersection. The Marine Division worked today in the Canal utilizing its side scan sonar and remote observation vehicle (ROV) to discover the vehicle. Divers entered the water to recover the vehicle.
Zuber left the Sand Bar in Canandaigua at approx. 1:40 am on Sunday July 13th after meeting friends at the bar. He was reported missing by his parents on Tuesday afternoon.
Because there were no signs of braking, Deputies believe that Zuber failed to stop at the stop sign at the T intersection of Alderman Road and Rte. 31 and continued through the intersection into the canal.
Zuber was pronounced by Wayne County Assistant Coroner Dr. David Blasczak and transported to the Newark Wayne Hospital to determine the cause of death.
The Sheriff’s Office was assisted in this investigation by the New York State Police Aviation Division, the Canandaigua Police Department and the Ontario County Sheriff’s Office.