- Electricity bills double for Walworth Sewer Plant
- North Rose whistle stop a must see
- Local Scout gives report in Washington, DC
- Model trains more than a hobby
- Accidents highlight the dangers of Snowmobiling
- Charter School Plans to Open in Phelps
- One Second, Everything Changes
- Dante Taylor murder trial delayed until this Fall
- Palmyra man charged with 7th DWI
- Who is the real (?) Lori Michelle Scott
Black bear sighted in the Village of Newark
- Updated: October 15, 2012
The Newark Police Department reports the sighting of a black bear in the North West corner of the Village on Monday (10/15) morning.
After responding to the call of a Village resident, Sergeant Doug Keyton reported also sighting the bear as it wandered through the lawns on the north end of the Village. The bear was last seen leaving the Village toward the north east.
Each year black bears are reported roaming In Monroe, Ontario and Wayne Counties. Residents should always treat black bears as a wild animal and never approach them or feed them. Trash for pick-up should not be put out the night before nor should bird feeders be mounted low to the ground.
Additional information can be gained by callng the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.