- Is cursive writing cursed?
- Wolcott sex offender charged with endangering
- Rethinking Apple Retailing with “TreeCrisp2Go”
- Dante Taylor sentencing goes off without a hitch
- Woman grabs purse from elderly couple
- Two Macedon Trustees call for Village dissolution
- World Series of “Beep Baseball” comes to Rochester
- WayneNet nails mushroom seller
- Completion of Erie Canalway Trail in Arcadia
- Gananda proposes Capital Project
Arrest made following investigation into strange death
- Updated: December 10, 2012
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office reported the arrest On Sunday (12/9) of Daniel C. Burkwit, age 50, a Town of Huron man, following investigation into the death of his mother, Marcia Burkwit, which occurred sometime between October 20th and 21st, 2012.
On October 21,2012, following a 911 call from a neighbor regarding a possible death at that residence, deputies responded to 6585 Bonnie Castle Rd, Huron. After investigation at the residence, the body of Marcia Burkwit, age 75, was located in a wooded area approximately 1 mile away from the residence on Bonnie Castle Road, wrapped in a blanket and covered with leaves.
Following investigation into the incident, her son, has been charged with Manslaughter in the second degree. It is alleged that during a physical altercation with his mother at their residence, she fell, breaking her neck, which led to her death.
Burkwit was arraigned on the charge in Town of Lyons court before Justice Richard Wunder, where he was remanded to the Wayne County Jail on no bail.