- Dairy farm fire in Walworth
- Cruelty Investigators seize 16 horses, other animals at Sodus property
- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
- Updated: October 23, 2013
Newark Village police reported the arrest on Tuesday (10/22) at 12:12 a.m. of Rebecca Plyter, age 28, of 124 Prospect Street in Newark after she was observed running from the scene of a property damage accident after her vehicle hit a pole.
Plyter was subsequently arrested for Felony DWI/BAC with a blood alcohol level of .12%, Unlicensed Operator, Aggravated Unlicensed Operation of a Motor Vehicle in the 1st Degree and Failure to Keep Right.
Records show Plyter had a previous DWI conviction in the City of Canandaigua in October of 2008, making this recent arrest a felony.