- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
- Walworth parents charged – children living in squalor
- Red Creek man breaks in Church
- Train Traveler charged in Wallet Theft
- Rehearsals for Play Begin at Newark High School
- Mom charged with Endangering, driving without child restraint
- Sculptor Albert Paley visit FLCC for forum
Newark man arrested for a ‘tired’ attack
- Updated: April 22, 2014
Newark Village Police responded to a disturbance on Madison Street on Sunday (4/20). According to police, Chad Murray, age 35, of 100 Hope Avenue in Newark was upset with his ex-wife and her new friend.
Murray was located in front of the house after he allegedly attacked the tires on both his ex-wife’s and her friend’s vehicles with a knife. When confronted by police he took off on foot, stopped and dropped the knife when ordered to do so.
Murray was subsequently arrested for Criminal Mischief in the 3rd Degree, arraigned and remanded to jail on No bail. An Order of Protection was issued for the victims.