- Larcenies of ATVs solved
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
Walworth Town Board – September 19, 2013
- Updated: September 19, 2013
A regular meeting of the board was called to order by Supervisor Plant at 7:00 PM in the Walworth Town Hall Meeting Room. Meeting minutes from the September 5th meeting were approved, as presented, as were the September 11th Special Meeting with the Gananda Central School Board of Education, and the September 11th Special Meeting; Budget Workshop. The Supervisor’s Report for August, 2013, was also accepted as presented, with a copy being made available for the public.
Under Committee Reports, Councilwoman Marini made a motion to accept and file Certificates of Training for Mr. Larry Ruth and Mr. Gene Bavis, each for 2 classes for a total of 4 training hours.
Supervisor Plant brought before the board a lease agreement for a 2014 Chevrolet Equinox, for the use of the Building Department, as well as town employees conducting town business. Councilman Yale remarked that the acquisition would be a “very smart move for us to make”, noting that the lease would require less liability, [over the use of private vehicles] less money monthly, [due to less reimbursed mileage] and will be safer for travel.
The board then called a recess to meet in Executive Session, regarding a personnel issue at 7:39, and the meeting was then called back to order at 7:50.
In other business, the board had a discussion regarding the 2014 budget. Line items were scrutinized, and the establishment of a Cemetery Reserve Fund was discussed in detail as a prudent decision. Discussion was also had regarding the establishment of a Tax Stabilization Reserve for both the General and Highway Funds. It was noted that a Public Hearing will need to be held to established these Reserve Fund accounts. A motion was then made, and approved, to accept the proposed 2014 budget as preliminary.
Approved resolutions included:
- Resolution # 73-13; Proposed Local Law #5 of 2013- Increase in Sewer Rates Public Hearing to be held on Thursday, October 3rd at 7:45 PM.
- Resolution #74-13; Appointment of Mr. Kent Macafee to the Assessment Review Board with the new term to expire on 9/30/2018
- Resolution #75-13; Budget Transfers- in the amount of $7,077.95
- Resolution #76-13; Public Hearing to be held on Thursday, October 3rd at 7:55 PM regarding the Lincoln Fire Department Fire Contract
- Resolution #77-13; Public Hearing to be held on Thursday, October 3rd at 8:15 PM regarding the Proposed 2014 Town Budget
- Resolution #78-13; Authorization to enter into a 3 year lease agreement for a 2014 Chevrolet Equinox for the purpose of the Building Department and also town employees to use while out on town business, allowing for $3,903.00 to be expensed for the startup of said lease
- Resolution #79-13; Approval of additional hours for the Deputy Town Clerk during the months of May through August, due to the Town Clerk being out, in the amount of $1,302.74. An additional amendment was approved, allowing $263.95 for additional Town Clerk training hours to be expensed.
- Resolution #80-13; Establishment of a Fund Balance for the General Fund in the amount of $50,000.00, subject to Permissive Referendum
- Resolution #81-13; Establishment of a Fund Balance for the Highway Fund in the amount of $50,000.00, subject to Permissive Referendum
- Resolution #82-13; Public Hearing to be held on Thursday, October 3rd at 8:05 PM regarding the West Walworth Fire Department Fire Contract
- Approval of Abstract #9
No other business came before the board and the meeting was adjourned at 8:20 PM.
The next regular meeting of the board will be held on Thursday, October 3rd, at 7:30 in the Walworth Town Hall Meeting Room.
By Becky Block