A regular meeting of the board was called to order by Supervisor Marini at 7:30 PM in the Walworth Town Hall Meeting Room. Meeting minutes from the June 19th Town Board Meeting, and the June 14th Special Town Board Meeting were approved, as presented, as was the Supervisor’s June, 2014 Report. Reported correspondence was received from the NYS Department of Transportation, dated 7-2-14, informing the town that they will be investigating traffic conditions on Walworth-Ontario Road.
Under Committee Reports, Supervisor Marini reported that the Walworth Seely Public Library received an unrestricted grant in the amount of $10,000.00 form Senator Nozzolio’s office. She also noted that the current Library Board Treasurer has resigned, and that the position is currently vacant. Additionally she noted that she has distributed the town’s financial audit for review. Dates to remember were then shared, noting that on Thursday, September 4th at 7:00 PM, the town board will hold a joint board meeting with the Gananda CSD Board of Ed. Lastly, the annual “Festival in the Park” will be held on July 25th and 26th, with a Movie in the Park (“The Lego Movie”) playing on Saturday at 8:45, followed by fireworks at 10:15.
Councilman Ruth shared that the Town Clerk received a peddler’s permit from Citizen’s Campaign for the Environment, and Mr. Ruth recommended that the town deny the permit, as it has done for the past 3 consecutive years, after verification of legality from the Town Attorney. This was approved by the board. He also noted that the town is going to sell EZ Passes, which will be purchased for $21.00 and sold for $25.00, for a profit of $4.00 each.
Councilman Pembroke questioned the status of the incident which occurred in the library last month, and Supervisor Marini explained that the Library Board is continuing to investigate it. He also acknowledged that the Lions Club members did a lot of hard work on improvements in the park, and thanked them for their efforts.
A discussion regarding sewer rates was held, noting that the Village of Macedon charges its sewer users a $12.50 fee quarterly on their sewer bills as a reserved fee to be used for upgrades and capital projects. Sewer Superintendent, Mr. Rob Burns, noted that if the town were to charge a $10 quarterly fee, the annual projected amount would yield approximately $85,320.00 annually. The board agreed to continue to look into the matter to determine what amount they are comfortable raising the rates on the heels of last year’s rate increase.
Approved business included:
– Approved of the Standard Work Day for Elected and Appointed Officials
– Approved Abstract #7 in the amount of $294,877.68, and Trust & Payroll in the amount of $31,330.93
– Authorized the Town of Walworth Town Clerk to sell E-Z Passes, using the E-Z Pass On-The-Go Retail Application
– Authorized Town Supervisor to sign the work proposal with Casco Security Systems for the installation of 3 additional panic buttons, in the amount of $790.00
– Approved the appointment of Daniel Botsford with Beltz Ianni & Associates, LLC, Rochester, NY as the town’s Sole Insurance Representative (Excellus BCBS), effective July 1, 2014
– Adopted the Wayne County Multi-Jurisdictional All-Hazard Mitigation Plan as the Town of Walworth Hazard Mitigation Plan
– Approved Cemetery committee recommendations authorizing budgeted funds for the purchase of veteran grave markers, 4 signs, the removal of 2 trees at Lusk Cemetery, and the annual research report
– Authorized for the Town Supervisor to sign the Integrated Systems Quote #2815 for Gateway – a budgeted item – in the amount of $340.00.
– Adopted the Amended Travel Policy to the Towns of Walworth Policy and Procedure Manual
– Authorized a letter of credit release for Orchard View Phase #2B , in the amount of $49,724.28.
– Authorized a modification of the TOPS’s Topsoil Permit for the additional removal of 8,000 cubic yards in the amount of $480.00
– Approved a Probationary Appointment of Mr. Kevin Weiss as the Assistant Recreation Director from the Certification of Eligibles
– Set a public hearing on Thursday, August 21, 2014 at 7:45 PM, regarding proposed Local Law #3 of 2014 to implement “Best Value” Procurements in the Town of Walworth and to update the Procurement Policy to reflect “Best Value” Procurement and “Piggybacking”
-Appointed Mr. Michael Kunzer to the Assessment Review Board, with a term ending on September 30, 2014
– Approved Highway Superintendent, Mike Frederes, to attend the NYSAOTSOH 85th Annual Town Highway Conference, Expo, and Education Symposium at the Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center on September 16th – 19th with a cost of $99.00 for a pre-pay registration and $531.00 for a shared room and meals, which is a budgeted item
No other business came before the board and the public meeting was adjourned at 8:03 PM. The next regular meeting of the board will be held on Thursday, August 7th at 7:30 PM in the Walworth Town Hall Meeting Room.
By Becky Block