- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
- Sewer issue heating up in Macedon
- “Yellow Dot” Kit available at Lyons Library
- Fifty unit, 55 & older apartment complex proposed in Walworth
- Gananda’s Haunted Hayrides begins Oct. 10
- Major Job Expansion in Clyde
Town of Walworth – Thursday, Nov. 7, 2013
- Updated: November 8, 2013
A regular meeting of the board was called to order by Supervisor Plant at 7:00 PM in the Walworth Town Hall Meeting Room. Meeting minutes from the October 17th meeting were approved, as presented. No public comments were offered. Reported correspondence was received from the Water Authority informing the town of a sewer rate increase of $4.25 per 1,000 gallons, an increase of ten cents per 1,000 gallons.
Under Committee Reports, Councilwoman Marini reintroduced the amended holiday handbook policy, which had been presented to the board last month. The board then Councilman Ruth reported that the cemeteries have had debris and trees removed, and are looking very nice. Additionally plots and gravesites have been laid out, and work will continue again in the spring for leveling and maintenance.
The board then had a discussion regarding the Flex Plan Policy options. Currently the policy allows employees to roll over funds into the next year for 3 months, with a $500.00 limit. The proposed change would allow the rolled over funds to be usable by employees for the entire year. Pending clarification, the item was tabled until the next board meeting.
Additionally a discussion was had regarding a parcel on School House Road. The parcel has a home, which is not included in the water extension, while part of the property is included. The parcel is now currently being divided and offered as a building lot, and water service is desired for the new build. Councilman Yale pointed out that the town has given up all water revenue, but is tsill liable for capital improvements, and noted that he feels the original contract was ill conceived. The board agreed to invite a representative from the Wayne County Water Authority to the next board meeting to see what can be done at the property.
The board then called a recess to meet in Executive Session, regarding the assessment and sale of a property and also for contract negotiations at 7:47 PM, and the meeting was then called back to order at 8:38 PM.
Approved resolutions included:
- Approval of the 2014 Holiday Schedule
- Approval to authorize the Supervisor to sign the annual snow and ice contract
- Approval to construct an additional 6 X 10 vault space to be constructed in the lower level of the town complex, in an amount not to exceed $1,700.00
- Authorization to pre-pay for the incoming supervisor to attend training in January in the amount of $150.00
- Resolution $95-13; Authorization to send via certified mail notification that there is no other grocer within the town for its residents
- Resolution #96-13; Authorization for the town to match in in-kind services hauling of material under contract with the IDA
- Resolution # 97-13; Authorization for the expense not to exceed $40,000.00 for a pressure run for the IDA
No other business came before the board and the meeting was adjourned at 8:49 PM.
The next regular meeting of the board will be held on Thursday, November 21st, at 7:30 in the Walworth Town Hall Meeting Room.
By Becky Block