- Train Traveler charged in Wallet Theft
- Rehearsals for Play Begin at Newark High School
- Mom charged with Endangering, driving without child restraint
- Sculptor Albert Paley visit FLCC for forum
- Fun vs. Privacy
- What if you make too much to get help?
- When one wife is just not enough
- Larcenies of ATVs solved
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
Town of Walworth Nov. 21, 2013
- Updated: November 30, 2013
A regular meeting of the board was called to order by Supervisor Plant at 7:00 PM in the Walworth Town Hall Meeting Room. Meeting minutes from the November 7th meeting were approved, as presented, as was the October Supervisor’s Report. No public comments were offered. Reported correspondence was received as a formal letter of resignation from the Zoning Board of Appeals, effective January 1, 2014, from Ms. Suzi Hawkins-Mance. The board authorized the letter to be accepted and filed and also to send a thank.
Under Committee Reports, Councilman Ruth reported that Mr. Druschel has requested approval to purchase a 35 mm telephoto lens camera which is necessary for required MS4 job duties, and therefore made a motion to approve the purchase in an amount not to exceed $550.00. It was additionally noted that this is a budgeted item, and was ultimately approved by the board. Councilman Ruth also reported having received a letter from the Library Board of Trustees, indicating that the expired term vacancy was filled, by Mr. Walter Chaffee, who was appointed to the board.
Councilwoman Marini made a motion to approve the Voelker’s Auto Salvage Yard License Renewal for 2013 & 2014, noting that the Town Clerk has received all the paperwork and permit fees. This was approved by the board.
Councilman Pembroke reported that he toured the sewer plant and was very impressed, noting that Mr. Rob Burns, Sewer Superintendent, is doing a “great job” and thanked him for all his hard work.
Supervisor Plant made a request for incoming Town Board members Ms. Judy Markowski and Ms. Suzi Hawkins-Mance to attend the Appointed Officials Town Board Training Conference in January, authorizing pre-payment, and this was approved by the board. A request from Town Clerk, Ms. Susie Jacobs, was also received to begin a “Heroes Wall” to spotlight local servicemen and women who are currently serving in our military. The board authorized the request.
A representative of Orchard View Builders came before the board to request authorization to build a new model home in the Orchard View Development, on Building Lot #232. It was noted that the town engineer and building inspector have reviewed the proposal and that the lot is an approved building lot, and that this is common practice. The board then approved the request, noting that no Certificate of Occupancy will be issued until the road is in place and dedicated .
The board then had a discussion regarding the Flex Plan Policy options. Currently the policy allows employees to roll over funds into the next year for 3 months, with a $500.00 limit. The proposed change would allow the rolled over funds to be usable by employees for the entire year. The change was approved by the board.
A discussion was had with the Wayne County Water Authority Superintendent, Mr. Marty Aman, regarding water service to a parcel on School House Road, which is currently partially inside of and partially outside of the water district. Mr. Aman responded that there are avenues which can be taken in order to get the water service established, but explained this is due to certain unique factors, and it mustn’t set a precedence. While he did suggest that the county is willing to do their part, he did suggest a meeting with the town and property owner, in order to conduct a work session to discuss costs and details. Regarding a water service expansion on Burroughs Road and other town roads without water service currently, Mr. Aman suggested an expansion may prove to be more challenging due to a lack of density, which won’t allow for an economical expansion, and also warned that it would not ba a town-wide cost and would only be billable to those benefiting from the service. Other difficulties cited were the average town-wide income which was last surveyed at $76,000.00, which is significantly above the $56,800.00 limit to qualify for a Rural Development Grant. Due to the last survey being conducted in 2006, it was suggested that perhaps an updated survey may prove helpful.
The board then called a recess to meet in Executive Session, regarding a personnel issue at 7:50 PM, and the meeting was then called back to order at 8:23 PM. At that time the board then recessed the meeting again to meet in a second Executive Session regarding a litigation issue at 8:23 PM, and called the meeting back to order at 8:46 PM. A third recess was called for the board to meet in Executive Session regarding another personnel issue at 9:12 PM, and the public meeting was called back to order at 9:26 PM.
Approved business included:
- Resolution #98-13: Authorization for Supervisor Plant to sign the Snow and Ice Contract for county roads for 2014
- Resolution #99-13: Appointment of Mr. Phil Williamson as the delegate to the Association Of Towns, along with authorization for the town clerk to send letter demonstrating the appointment
- Resolution #100-13: Authorize Ray Wager for the 2014 Audit Proposal
- Resolution #101-13: Review and adoption of the Workplace Violence Prevention Policy
- Resolution #102-13: Authorizing the pre-payment of the Annual NYS Retirement Bill, which will save approximately $2,414.00
- Resolution # 104-13: Support of the future Sports Depot on Route #441; A state of the art sports facility in the Town of Walworth, noting that there is no other facility of the like in the town and it shall bring increased fitness benefits to the residents as well as increased business in the town, drawing in new visitors.
- Resolution #105-13: Authorization for the supervisor to sign the Plan Amendment for the Wageworks Healthcare Flexible Spending Account, allowing for a carryover of up to $500.00 of unused Wageworks Healthcare FSA Balance remaining at the end of a plan year.
- Resolution #106-13: Authorization for Highway Superintendent, Mr. Mike Frederes, to purchase a 2014 Ford F250 Pick-up truck and plow off OGS State Contract in the amount of $$29,370.73
- Approval of Financial Transfers in the amount of $7,531.27
- Approval of the Abstract
No other business came before the board and the meeting was adjourned at 9:26 PM.
The next regular meeting of the board will be held on Thursday, December 5th, at 7:30 in the Walworth Town Hall Meeting Room.
By Becky Block