- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
- Sewer issue heating up in Macedon
- “Yellow Dot” Kit available at Lyons Library
- Fifty unit, 55 & older apartment complex proposed in Walworth
- Gananda’s Haunted Hayrides begins Oct. 10
- Major Job Expansion in Clyde
Town of Macedon Oct. 24, 2013
- Updated: October 26, 2013
Supervisor Hammond called to order a regular meeting of the board at 7:30 PM in the Macedon Town Hall. Meeting minutes from the October 10, 2013 meeting were approved, as presented. Monthly reports from were also accepted from the Historian and the Building and Zoning Quarterly Report, as presented.
At 7:30 a public hearing was called to order regarding proposed concept plan changes and TPD Zoning at the Wayneport Road property. A representative from 4 Points Land Development, LLC came before the board to present the modified plans in response to feedback received during the original public hearing for the property. Plans and modifications were reviewed, with maps made available for the board and public. No public comments were offered and the hearing was adjourned at 7:34 PM. Councilman Maul and Councilwoman Pagano both noted that they were “Very happy that the applicant listened to the comments from the public hearing.”
At 7:35 a public hearing regarding the Farmington Fire Contract was called to order. No public comments were offered and the hearing was closed at 7:36 PM.
At 7:40 a public hearing regarding the Macedon Center Fire Contract was called to order. No public comments were offered and the hearing was closed at 7:42 PM.
During the Round Table portion of the meeting, Councilwoman Pagano reported that a blood drive will be held in the Macedon Library on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at from 1:00-6:00 PM. Ms. Pagano also noted that she attended the Brownsfield Area Opportunity Grant meeting in the Village of Macedon and remarked on the impressive and “progressive” 8 and 15 year plans for enhancements to parks, waterfront, businesses, homes, and Main Street. For more information on the proposal, Ms. Pagano cited www.revitalizemacedon.com as an excellent resource for information.
Town Attorney, Mr. Anthony Villani reported that the Peacock Circle finalization of plans is now underway, and the the dedication is ready to be scheduled.
Macedon Police Chief, Mr. John Colella, reported that the semi-annual medication take-back program will be held on Saturday, October 26th from 10:00 Am- 2:00 PM at the Macedon Public Safety Building. All medications will be accepted, no questions asked, with no fees, and will be properly disposed of.
Public comments were offered from a resident who asked about increased traffic and the possibility of a speed limit reduction on Wayneport Road due to the planned project. Supervisor Hammond replied the town may have to wait until the development is completed, at which time the traffic will be higher. Police Chief Colella also responded that a week-long traffic study was recently completed at that location, showing the average speed to be over the speed limit by approximately 2 mph.
A second question was posed from the public, noting that this meeting would have contained the Macedon Fire Department Fire Contract for 2014, which was reportedly postponed. When asked if a date to submit their contract as been established yet, Supervisor Hammond explained that the matter has been postponed indefinitely.
The board then approved the following business items and resolutions:
- Approval of the 4 Points Land Development, LLC
- Approval of the Farmington Fire Contract for 2014 in the amount of $37,815.00
- Approval of the Macedon Center Fire Contract for 2014 in the amount of $185,367.00
- Authorization for the Supervisor to sign the State Snow and Ice Agreement extension for the 2015/2016 season, through June 30, 2016
- Authorization to sign the Memorandum of Understanding with the Board of Elections and authorizing the Town Clerk to complete
- Authorization for the Town Clerk to complete the NYSDEC Licensing Issue Agreement, subject to the town attorney’s approval
- Amending of Resolution #225 of 2013, for the special town board meeting on November 17, 2013, adding in the correct time
- Organizational Meeting scheduled for Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 4:00 PM
- Acceptance of the dedication of the Peacock Circle roadway, sewer lines, and pump station, and for all paperwork and titles to be filed
- Payment of Claims/Abstract #10-3; Expenditures in the amount of $4,290.27
No other business came before the board and the public meeting was adjourned at 8:03 PM for the board to then meet in Executive Session regarding contractual and personnel issues. The next Macedon Town Board meeting will be held on Thursday, November 14th at 7:30 PM in the Macedon Town Hall.
By Becky Block