- AAA gives Daylight Savings driver/pedestrian tips
- Seniors beware of latest phone scams
- White’s Wines: What About the Rieslings?
- Palmyra files action against property owner
- Ontario man charged with shooting his dog in the head
- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
Town of Macedon – Jan. 9, 2014
- Updated: January 11, 2014
Town of Macedon Thurs., January 9, 2014
Water Authority will raise water rates to $4.25 per thousand
Supervisor Hammond called to order a regular meeting of the board at 7:30 PM in the Macedon Town Hall. Meeting minutes from the December 12, 2013 meeting were approved, as presented. Reports were also accepted from the Town Clerk and Police Department for December, the Town Clerk’s Annual Report, and the Building & Zoning’s 4th Quarterly Report, as presented. Reported correspondence was received from the Water Authority informing residents that water rates are being raised ten cents, to $4.25 per one thousand gallons of water purchased. A letter was also received from the Town of Walworth informing the town of a proposed sewer extension and a proposed change in zoning. Councilman Kenyon noted that the changes will not affect Town of Macedon residents.
During the Round Table portion of the meeting, Councilwoman Pagano reported that the Macedon Fire Department will hold a pancake breakfast on Sunday, January 19th, from 8:00 AM until noon.
Macedon Police Chief, John Colella, reported that the electrician is halfway done with installing new retro fit lighting at the Public Safety Building, and noted the new fixtures will reduce electricity use by one third. Highway Superintendent, Dick Roets, reported that this winter has been average in terms of plow runs, but certainly higher than the past few winters.
The board then approved the following business items and resolutions:
- Approval for Highway Superintendent, Dick Roets, to enter into a 4 year lease with Vantage Equipment, LLC, for a small rubber excavator, using the CAT 318 Rubber Excavator and the John Deere Back Hoe as trade-ins towards the lease.
- Approval of a Public Hearing to be held on Thursday, January 23, 2014, at 7:45 PM in the Macedon Town Hall, regarding a Petition of Establishment for a proposed Sewer District #1, Extension #5 in the Town of Macedon
- Payment of Claims
The next Macedon Town Board meeting will be held on Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 7:30 PM in the Macedon Town Hall. By Becky Block