- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
- Walworth parents charged – children living in squalor
- Red Creek man breaks in Church
- Train Traveler charged in Wallet Theft
- Rehearsals for Play Begin at Newark High School
- Mom charged with Endangering, driving without child restraint
- Sculptor Albert Paley visit FLCC for forum
Sodus School Board Tues., July 8, 2014
- Updated: July 11, 2014
Organizational meeting held, Laura Steffler Alampi named President
A regular school board meeting was called for Sodus Central Board of Education on July 8, at 7 p.m. in the board meeting room at the school. The meeting began with nominations and the announcement of the new President, Laura Steffler Alampi and Vice President, Lisa Shaw for the board of education until July 7, 2015.
Principal Gene Hoskins and secretary Janine Walters were recognized for their hard work of planning and the delivery of the 2014 graduation a few weeks ago. A goal setting update was presented to demonstrate academic goals for the 2014-15 school year for all grade levels. The 2013-14 referral report summary was shared based on data from the last four years. Overall, the data showed that there was an increase in the number of behavioral referrals compared to last year. The data illustrated that the number of referrals from this year has declined tremendously compared to the last four years.
The planning for a new all-weather track and turf soccer field has begun. The total cost of this project will be 4.3 million dollars. Seven percent of that cost will be covered by state aid. Bids for construction will take place in the spring. The completion date has been set for the fall of 2016.