- AAA gives Daylight Savings driver/pedestrian tips
- Seniors beware of latest phone scams
- White’s Wines: What About the Rieslings?
- Palmyra files action against property owner
- Ontario man charged with shooting his dog in the head
- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
Palmyra Village Board Mon.., May 5, 2014
- Updated: May 9, 2014
- A regular meeting of the village board was called to order by Mayor Piccola at 7:15 in the Village Hall, following the swearing in of the newly sworn Police Chief, Officer Sherman Yates. Abstract #12A,Vouchers #898-939 in the amount of $111,467.79 was approved, as presented, as were the meeting minutes dated April 21st and 28th, of 2014. Reported correspondence was received from the NYS DOT, awarding Palmyra a one time increase of CHPS Funding in the amount of $6,523.04, as a result of the severe winter weather. Additionally the NYS DEC/FEMA sent a letter including the new Risk Mapping and Assessment Meetings, and the Wayne County Worker’s Compensation Annual Report was received.
Mayor Piccola reported that the Highway Department has been keeping busy preparing for the upcoming municipal auction, doing brush pick-up, street sweeping, and repairing a water break.
Under old and new business, the board approved the following items:
- Approval of a $10,000.00 transfer to fire equipment reserves
- Approval of a Permissive Referendum for a Raw Water Line Abatement of $35,000.00
- Approval to accept a Skid Load from the Palmyra Fire Department as a gift to the village
- Approval of a Permissive Referendum for a new 2015 F350 Crew Cab Fire Truck
- Approval of the purchase of 2 new computers for the Police Department and Cemetery Department in the amount of $943.00
- Approval to declare surplus the following items: 1995 Police Department Dodge Interpid, 1985 Ford F350 Pick-up Truck, Highway Department bicycles and various equipment
- Resolution to hold a Public Forum for TAP Grant to be held on Monday, May 19, 2014
- Approval to submit a letter of support for the Ambrose Lapham House to be placed on the NYSOPRHP
- Approval to submit a letter of support for the Erie Canal application to be named as a National Historic Designation
- Approval to expense $2,000.00 for the purpose of having the MRB Group write a CFA Grant proposal for a sewer treatment plant digestor upgrade
- Approval to transfer $1,200.00 for legal fees
No other business came before the board and the public meeting was adjourned at 7:55 PM. The next regular meeting of the board will be held on Monday, May 19th at 7:00 PM in the Palmyra Village Hall.
By Becky Block