- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
Macedon Town Board Thurs., March 27, 2014
- Updated: March 28, 2014
Supervisor Hammond called to order a regular meeting of the board at 7:30 PM in the Macedon Town Hall. Meeting minutes from the March 10, 2014 Special Joint Town/Village Board Meeting and the March 13, 2014 Board Meeting were both approved, as presented. Public comment was offered from a resident who . Reported correspondence included
At 7:45 a public hearing was called to order regarding a change of use for Cool Blue Enterprises, LLC at 384 Unit “A” on East Avenue in Macedon, NY to open a Canine Conditioning Center. A resident of East Avenue voiced her concerns, which were an increase in traffic and also noise levels which may result from the business. The hearing was then closed at 7:47 PM. The board then agreed to pass the application and comments onto the planning board, for their review.
During the Round Table portion of the meeting, Councilwoman Pagano reported that, during April, the Clean Sweep week will occur, and volunteers are welcome to help with spring clean-up efforts along the canal, and throughout the town and its parks.
Supervisor Hammond commented that he was impressed with Fire Chief Phillips, and all the Wayne and Monroe County firefighters who helped battle the morning blaze at Wayside Garden Center.
Additionally Supervisor Hammond shared that the Town participated in the New York State Veteran’s Partial Exemption from Property Taxes, saving resident veteran’s a total of $959.00, which he remarked is “a very reasonable amount for all that the veterans have given us”.
Town of Macedon Police Officer, Steve MacNeal, remarked that the Wayne County 911 computer software is currently offline, and noted that once it is back the department will generate its February and March Reports.
The board then approved the following business items and resolutions:
- Approval of the Town Clerk Plus Support Contract with Williamson Law Book at a cost of $665.50, and authorizes the Town Clerk to sign said contract
- Authorization to declare the Highway 2011 Ford Super Duty F-250 Extended Cab Short Box as surplus and to authorize the Town Clerk to advertise for sealed bids
- Approval of an Assessment Memorandum of Understanding, noting that the Town will not be participating in the 2015 reassessment project
- Payment of Claims, to be paid as audited
No other business came before the board and the public meeting was adjourned at 7:50 PM for the board to then meet in Executive Session regarding a litigation issue. The next Macedon Town Board meeting will be held on Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 7:30 PM in the Macedon Town Hall. By Becky Block