- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
- Resignation of Wayne Superintendent Accepted
- Father charged after baby hospitalized with severe burns
Lyons School Board Oct. 22, 2013
- Updated: November 2, 2013
The members of the Lyons Board of Education were presented with gifts for Board of Education Appreciation Week.
Mrs. Denise Dzikowski, Superintendent recommended that the Board of Education go into Executive Session to discuss the medical, financial, credit or employment history of a particular person or corporation or matters leading to the appointment, employment, promotion, demotion, discipline, suspension, dismissal, or removal of a particular person or corporation.
A regular meeting of the Board of Education was held on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 at the Lyons Middle/High Library, 10 Clyde Road, Lyons, New York.
Representatives from SEI Design Group met with the Lyons Board of Education and outlined what their company could do for Lyons Central School District. They briefly went through what they felt our districts needs were and described the steps involved to accomplish a successful building project. SEI has worked with nine of our neighboring school districts and they report that approximately 96% of their business is with school districts. A question and answer discussion ensued.
With regret that the Board of Education denied the request from Mrs. Heather Costello, of Sodus Point, New York 14555 for a long-term leave of absence for the remainder of the 2013-2014 school year.
The Board of Education accepted a letter from Mrs. Stacy Merrill of Seneca Falls or a leave of absence to begin on or about December 20, 2013 and end on or about January 16, 2014 and a child rearing leave beginning on or about January 17, 2014 and ending on or about February 21, 2014.
- approved Mr. Thomas VanDuyne of Newark as a substitute teacher, assistant, monitor or aide for grades 7-12, pending receipt of security clearance documentation.-
accepted a request from Mrs. Nancy McIntyre of Lyons for an unpaid leave of absence from November 9 until November 16, 2013.
- approved the appointment of Ms. Elgina Riggins of Lyons as a regular bus monitor effective September 5, 2013.
- approved the appointment of Mr. Tom Casler of Newark as a regular bus driver effective September 16, 2013.
- accepted a letter from Mrs. Betsy Briggs of Lyons requesting a year Medical Leave of Absence from her position as a Senior Bus Driver effective November 8, 2013.
Mr. Mark Wlodarczyk, Chorus Teacher answered questions regarding the New York City Field Trip.
Representative from Hunt Archiectural/Engineering Services met with the Lyons Board of Education. They shared with the Lyons Board examples of other projects they have completed in other districts and how to run a successful building project. They also shared some ideas on a new elementary cafeteria. They reported that approximately 70% of their practice is school districts. A question and answer discussion ensued.
Mrs. Denise Dzikowski, Superintendent recommended that the Board of Education go into Executive Session to discuss collective negotiations pursuant to article fourteen of the civil service law and the medical, financial, credit or employment history of a particular person or corporation or matters leading to the appointment, employment, promotion, demotion, discipline, suspension, dismissal, or removal of a particular person or corporation.
The Board of Education went into Executive Session at 8:25 p.m., and the Board came out of Executive Session at 9:16 p.m and adjourned.