Williamson Town Board – July 24, 2012
The meeting was called to order at 7:30 pm. by Supervisor Jim Hoffman with all Board members present.
The first order of business was a Public Hearing for the Proposed Local Law #1 to amend Chapter 32, Part 2, Park Rules and Regulations, Article IV, Parks – Regulations and Prohibitions. The change to the regulations is that the public can now call the park for reservations instead of going to the Town Clerk’s office. Hearing no comments from the public, the hearing was closed at 7:33. Public Hearing #2 was opened at 7:35 p.m., addressing the Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG). The presenter was Emily Hamilton, the Farmworker Housing Developer from the PathStone Corporation. There is a $400,000 grant available for farmworker housing rehabilitation; notices were sent out and only Williamson and Sodus responded with an interest in the program. 9% of the funds will be used for
administration (PathStone is the administrator). A committee will be formed consisting of 2 representatives from PathStone and representatives from both towns, who will determine which farmworkers will receive assistance. No comments or questions were offered from the public; the hearing closed at 7:40.
– Correspondence – The Board accepted a letter from OVES.
- Consent Agenda – The Board accepted the minutes of the July 10th meeting, paid the Library bills in the amount of $3095.31, and approved budgetary transfers within the General, Water, and Sewer funds.
– Economic Development – The Town of Sodus authorized the submission of a NYS CDBG, and will be the primary applicant in a joint application with the Town of Williamson for funding through this program in the 2012 funding cycle. The Supervisor was authorized to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the Town of Sodus for this project, pending approval of the Town Attorney as to form and content. The resolution passed, with Councilman Orbaker abstaining, since he is a possible recipient of funding for his workers’ housing. A related resolution was adopted requesting the PathStone Corporation submit on the Town’s behalf an application for funding through the NYS CDBG program. This request will be communicated to the Chairman of the County Board of Supervisors and to the Director of the County Planning Office, and the Supervisor is further authorized to take any and all actions necessary to assist PathStone Corporation in the preparation of this application and to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with PathStone, pending approval by the Town Attorney. Resolution passed, with Councilman Orbaker again abstaining for the same reason.
– Finance – A motion was approved to authorize the Town Clerk to sign the annual software support contract with Williamson Law Book Co. for technical and software support for the Town Clerk Program. The cost of this is $665.50 per year.
A resolution was passed to increase the Highway Superintendent’s rate of pay for work done with the Water and Sewer Departments. The new rate will be $7500.00 annually; $5000.00 will be charged to the Water Fund and $2500.00 from the Sewer Fund. He will be paid $288.46 bi-weekly beginning as of July 30th, 2012. This decision was based on a resolution passed on September 27th, 2011 concerning additional pay for additional work. In February 2012, the Board approved a stipend for the work done on Drainage.
– Planning – The Town is undertaking an update to their existing Zoning Ordinance document, and the Board has reviewed the Environmental Assessment Form (EAF) submitted for this project, which has been identified as a listed Type 1 Action pursuant to the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA). It has been determined that this action will result in no major adverse impacts and will have no significant effects on the environment. The Supervisor was authorized to file a Negative Declaration and to sign the first page of the Full Environmental Assessment Form, and to forward copies of these documents to all appropriate agencies. The Town Clerk will maintain for public inspection a file containing a copy of this resolution, the Negative Declaration, and all submissions to date concerning the Environmental Review of this project and all related actions. A motion was made by Councilman Watson to advertise the week of July 29th to hold an informational meeting regarding the update to the Zoning Ordinance. The meeting will be held August 7th at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Complex meeting room. Also approved was a resolution authorizing a Public Hearing on August 28th at 7:30 p.m. regarding the update to this Ordinance.
– Public Safety – The Supervisor was authorized to sign a contract with the County of Wayne for Rabies Control. The local Animal Control Officer will be called in on local dog calls and the County will take care of other animals.
- Public Services – On Monday, July 9th, bids were opened for the paving of two Town parking lots; bids were received from AEY Enterprises from Walworth, All County Construction from Williamson, and Ruston Paving from Farmington. The Town Board determined that none of the bids met all of the bid specifications and moved to reject all of the bids. The Town Clerk will send letters to the bidders to that effect. In a related resolution, the Town Clerk was authorized to advertise in the official Town papers the week of August 5th to receive bids for paving of the parking lots. Bid specs may be obtained in the Clerk’s office and will be received until August 22nd at 2:00 p.m., at which time they will be opened and read.
A motion was passed to approve the disposal of stone at 3207 Lake Road due to the watermain replacement project, as per agreement.
The Board adjourned at 7:52 into Executive Session to discuss proposed litigation. Upon their return at 8:05, the meeting was adjourned. The next regular meeting of the Town Board will be held on Tuesday, August 14th at 7:30, preceded by a workshop at 7:00.
Submitted by Monica Deyo