Lyons School Board – December 11, 2012
A regular meeting of the Board of Education was held on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at the Lyons Middle/High Library, 10 Clyde Road, Lyons, New York.
Mr. Rich Henry, President called regular meeting of the Board of Education to order at 6:43 p.m.
Steve Veeder, Athletic Director spoke on behalf of the Girls Varsity Volleyball Team. This year the girls had an outstanding season. They were the Wayne County Champions with a record of 14-0 and Section V Class DDD Champions with a record of 22-1. Mr. Veeder recognized Javanna Salone, Hannah Lester, Taylor DiSanto, Abby Shields and Ryenne Smith for their individual accomplishments. He also recognized their work as being a Scholar Athlete Team. The girls and Mr. Barr thanked the Board of Education for their support and allowing them to play at the Lyons Community Center in their post-season play.
The board approved minutes of last two meetings, and Treasurer,’s Report, Revenue Report, Extra Classroom Activity Funds Report, and Special Education Reports and minutes, approVed bill payments
The Board accepted a letter of resignation due to retirement from Ms. Laurie Currie-Proia, from her position as an ESL Teacher effective January 3, 2013.
The Board of Education approved
- the appointment of Ms. Rashawn Luckman, as a long-term Physical Education substitute replacing Mrs. Stefanie Weber during her childrearing leaving extending until June 30, 2013.
- Ms. Jessica McNabb, as a long-term Elementary substitute replacing Mrs. Angela Parker during her childbearing/rearing leave effective on or about December 26, 2012 – June 30, 2013.
- approved the recommendation of Amanda Sanders for a Co-Curricular position for the 2012-2013 school year as Ski Club Advisor
- approved the following coaching assignments for the winter 2012-13 sport season: Scott VanLare-Volunteer Pee-Wee Wrestling Coach; Kyle Iddings-Volunteer Wrestling Assistant
- approved the following as a substitute assistant, monitor or aide: Ms. Christine Warnick, for grades K-6. Security Clearance Documentation has been received. (Not Certified).
- approved the following as substitute teacher, assistant, monitor or aide: Ms. Staci Downey, for grades K-6. Security Clearance Documentation has been received. (Not Certified).
- approved Eric Gaston, as a student diesel mechanic for a Wayne Finger Lakes BOCES job shadow effective December 12, 2012 – December 31, 2012. He will be shadowing Mike Ocque, Head Mechanic.
Mike Pangallo, Assistant Superintendent for Business distributed the Financial Executive Summary to the Board of Education and explained a few keys points on the Summary. He told the Board that the Audit Committee had reviewed the financial documents. The Board of Education accepted the Basic Financial Statement Report, Communicating Internal Control Related Matters Indentified in an Audit Report and the Corrective Action Plan for the year ended June 30, 2012.
The Elementary Meal Pay information went home to parents already and the information for the Middle/High school meal pay was getting ready to be mailed.
The Technology Committee had a meeting on Monday, December 10, 2012. The Safety Committee meeting has not yet been held.