- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
- Resignation of Wayne Superintendent Accepted
- Father charged after baby hospitalized with severe burns
Wayne teacher, Kathy LaManna honored with “Adopt a Teacher” award
- Updated: November 15, 2012
Kathy LaManna, Chairperson of the Wayne Central Special Education Department, was recently honored by the Premium Mortgage Corporation with a 2012 Adopt-A-Teacher Award. Mrs. LaManna, who was nominated by Ro Naomi of Nothnagle Realtors, was among six teachers spanning the greater Rochester area who received a $600 VISA gift card to put toward classroom expenses. Family, students past and present, fellow teachers, and Thomas C. Armstrong Middle School Principal Pamela Tatro joined in fêting Mrs. LaManna at a surprise celebration in her classroom on Thursday, November 8.
Premium Mortgage Corporation’s Adopt-A-Teacher program aims to recognize passionate, dedicated teachers by providing funds to enhance their classroom experiences. In its third year alone, 54 teachers were nominated for this honor.