- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
- Sewer issue heating up in Macedon
- “Yellow Dot” Kit available at Lyons Library
- Fifty unit, 55 & older apartment complex proposed in Walworth
- Gananda’s Haunted Hayrides begins Oct. 10
- Major Job Expansion in Clyde
Wayne teacher, Kathy LaManna honored with “Adopt a Teacher” award
- Updated: November 15, 2012
Kathy LaManna, Chairperson of the Wayne Central Special Education Department, was recently honored by the Premium Mortgage Corporation with a 2012 Adopt-A-Teacher Award. Mrs. LaManna, who was nominated by Ro Naomi of Nothnagle Realtors, was among six teachers spanning the greater Rochester area who received a $600 VISA gift card to put toward classroom expenses. Family, students past and present, fellow teachers, and Thomas C. Armstrong Middle School Principal Pamela Tatro joined in fêting Mrs. LaManna at a surprise celebration in her classroom on Thursday, November 8.
Premium Mortgage Corporation’s Adopt-A-Teacher program aims to recognize passionate, dedicated teachers by providing funds to enhance their classroom experiences. In its third year alone, 54 teachers were nominated for this honor.