- Bomb Threat at Garlock Plant
- Three apprehended for armed robberies in Ontario
- Electricity bills double for Walworth Sewer Plant
- North Rose whistle stop a must see
- Local Scout gives report in Washington, DC
- Model trains more than a hobby
- Accidents highlight the dangers of Snowmobiling
- Charter School Plans to Open in Phelps
- One Second, Everything Changes
- Dante Taylor murder trial delayed until this Fall
Wayne teacher, Kathy LaManna honored with “Adopt a Teacher” award
- Updated: November 15, 2012
Kathy LaManna, Chairperson of the Wayne Central Special Education Department, was recently honored by the Premium Mortgage Corporation with a 2012 Adopt-A-Teacher Award. Mrs. LaManna, who was nominated by Ro Naomi of Nothnagle Realtors, was among six teachers spanning the greater Rochester area who received a $600 VISA gift card to put toward classroom expenses. Family, students past and present, fellow teachers, and Thomas C. Armstrong Middle School Principal Pamela Tatro joined in fêting Mrs. LaManna at a surprise celebration in her classroom on Thursday, November 8.
Premium Mortgage Corporation’s Adopt-A-Teacher program aims to recognize passionate, dedicated teachers by providing funds to enhance their classroom experiences. In its third year alone, 54 teachers were nominated for this honor.