- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
Wayne teacher, Kathy LaManna honored with “Adopt a Teacher” award
- Updated: November 15, 2012
Kathy LaManna, Chairperson of the Wayne Central Special Education Department, was recently honored by the Premium Mortgage Corporation with a 2012 Adopt-A-Teacher Award. Mrs. LaManna, who was nominated by Ro Naomi of Nothnagle Realtors, was among six teachers spanning the greater Rochester area who received a $600 VISA gift card to put toward classroom expenses. Family, students past and present, fellow teachers, and Thomas C. Armstrong Middle School Principal Pamela Tatro joined in fêting Mrs. LaManna at a surprise celebration in her classroom on Thursday, November 8.
Premium Mortgage Corporation’s Adopt-A-Teacher program aims to recognize passionate, dedicated teachers by providing funds to enhance their classroom experiences. In its third year alone, 54 teachers were nominated for this honor.