- Driver goes through stop sign and guardrail, ends up in Mill Pond
- Dairy farm fire in Walworth
- Cruelty Investigators seize 16 horses, other animals at Sodus property
- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
Wayne teacher, Kathy LaManna honored with “Adopt a Teacher” award
- Updated: November 15, 2012
Kathy LaManna, Chairperson of the Wayne Central Special Education Department, was recently honored by the Premium Mortgage Corporation with a 2012 Adopt-A-Teacher Award. Mrs. LaManna, who was nominated by Ro Naomi of Nothnagle Realtors, was among six teachers spanning the greater Rochester area who received a $600 VISA gift card to put toward classroom expenses. Family, students past and present, fellow teachers, and Thomas C. Armstrong Middle School Principal Pamela Tatro joined in fêting Mrs. LaManna at a surprise celebration in her classroom on Thursday, November 8.
Premium Mortgage Corporation’s Adopt-A-Teacher program aims to recognize passionate, dedicated teachers by providing funds to enhance their classroom experiences. In its third year alone, 54 teachers were nominated for this honor.