- State approves a lottery where there are no losers!
- Lyons man heads to State Prison for haunting victim
- Farm Tour features Agriculture in Transition
- Apples, Apples, Apples
- Tony Stewart will not face charges in deadly crash
- Technology helps nail Dante Taylor for Murder
- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
Wayne High School student brings joy to hundreds of children
- Updated: December 22, 2012
As part of his senior project, Wayne Central High School senior, Dylan Galusha, collected toys for children at the Golisano Children’s Hospital this holiday season. Throughout the month, Dylan was able to collect over 200 items for the hospital, which, according to hospital employees, was the most donations they have ever received from one group.
All students at Wayne Central High School are required to complete a senior project. This assignment includes writing a paper, creating a product, making a portfolio and then presenting the information to a panel at the end of the process. Students are allowed to choose a topic that interests them for this project. Dylan chose to research the effects cancer has on families as a whole having recently lost a friend and a member of his family to cancer.
As his project, Dylan wanted to make something that would have an impact on families dealing with illnesses, so he decided to organize a district-wide toy collection.
Through this project, Dylan was able to spread cheer to many children and their families.