- When one wife is just not enough
- Larcenies of ATVs solved
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
Wayne County sets up Flu Hotline
- Updated: January 11, 2013
Due to a high number of seasonal flu cases being reported, Wayne County Public Health has set up an informational hotline for residents to get more information about seasonal flu. The hotline can be reached anytime for information regarding how flu spreads, prevention tips, and contact information to set up an appointment to receive a flu shot. The number for the hotline is 315-500-4161. Periodically, additional information will also be found at the hotline.
Nationwide, seasonal flu cases are spiking at higher levels than previous years. Wayne County Public Health is urging all residents to get their flu shot. The flu vaccine is your best defense against seasonal flu. Everyone 6 months of age and older should get the flu vaccine.
While we can’t say for certain how severe this season will be, we can say that a lot of people are getting sick with seasonal flu. Anyone who has not already been vaccinated should do so now. The timing of flu seasons is impossible to predict, but based on past experience it’s likely that flu activity will continue for some time.
Wayne County Public Health has flu vaccine available. If you are in need of a flu vaccine, please call 315-946-5749 to schedule an appointment. Flu vaccinations can also be found at your primary care physician or your local chain pharmacy.