- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
- Sewer issue heating up in Macedon
- “Yellow Dot” Kit available at Lyons Library
- Fifty unit, 55 & older apartment complex proposed in Walworth
- Gananda’s Haunted Hayrides begins Oct. 10
- Major Job Expansion in Clyde
Wayne County adopts new logo
- Updated: March 24, 2012
‘Apples’ are at the core of the new Wayne County logo adopted by the Board of Supervisors at last Tuesday’s (3/20) meeting. The logo went through several revisions, including the addition of water showing a pleasure boat, meant to emphasize not only the importance of the apple to the local economy, but the County’s recreational advantages.
The Board authorized for bids for the provision and installation of wayfinding signage that would also be used for the Wayne County Campus on Route 31 in Lyons. At one point the Board conducted a competition for local students to submit logo suggestions, but none were received.
The new logo will soon appear throughout the County for “consistent” identification for all County buildings, letterheads and other possible uses.
The final design was submitted and paid for by Arcadia Supervisor Dick Colacino.