- Two Macedon Trustees call for Village dissolution
- World Series of “Beep Baseball” comes to Rochester
- WayneNet nails mushroom seller
- Completion of Erie Canalway Trail in Arcadia
- Gananda proposes Capital Project
- Twin Docs follow in each other’s footsteps
- Gananda student faces felony charge after terroristic threats
- Newark Police receive new K-9
- Sodus Chamber Mural under way
- So, you want to be a Sportscaster…
Wayne County adopts new logo
- Updated: March 24, 2012
‘Apples’ are at the core of the new Wayne County logo adopted by the Board of Supervisors at last Tuesday’s (3/20) meeting. The logo went through several revisions, including the addition of water showing a pleasure boat, meant to emphasize not only the importance of the apple to the local economy, but the County’s recreational advantages.
The Board authorized for bids for the provision and installation of wayfinding signage that would also be used for the Wayne County Campus on Route 31 in Lyons. At one point the Board conducted a competition for local students to submit logo suggestions, but none were received.
The new logo will soon appear throughout the County for “consistent” identification for all County buildings, letterheads and other possible uses.
The final design was submitted and paid for by Arcadia Supervisor Dick Colacino.