- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
- Sewer issue heating up in Macedon
- “Yellow Dot” Kit available at Lyons Library
- Fifty unit, 55 & older apartment complex proposed in Walworth
- Gananda’s Haunted Hayrides begins Oct. 10
- Major Job Expansion in Clyde
Walworth dedicates Mural with historic pride
- Updated: October 6, 2013
The crowds were out for the October 6th Walworth Mural Dedication. This is Wayne County’s 29th Historical mural.
Muralist Corky Goss, a professor of Art at Cazenovia College, spoke about the mural he created, from photos at the Walworth Museum, on the wall of the Walworth Post Office. Young and old came out to celebrate the depiction of the first herd of Holstein cows brought to the area in the 1800s.
Walworth Historian Gene Bavis thanked Walworth Town Board members for their assistance and encouragement with the mural project.