- AAA gives Daylight Savings driver/pedestrian tips
- Seniors beware of latest phone scams
- White’s Wines: What About the Rieslings?
- Palmyra files action against property owner
- Ontario man charged with shooting his dog in the head
- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
University of Rochester Yellow Jackets a cappella group to perform at Gananda
- Updated: January 25, 2013
The Gananda Performing Arts Boosters are holding a fundraiser on Saturday, February 9th at 7:00pm in the Susan H. Alexander Performing Arts Center at the high school.
This event features Gananda high school chorus and band students, as well as middle school students who participate in the percussion ensemble. Gananda’s student performers will take the stage for the first half of the show, performing some new music. After a brief intermission, the University of Rochester Yellow Jackets will perform.
Founded in 1956 as a subset of the Men’s Glee Club, the Yellow Jackets are Rochester’s oldest a cappella group. You may have seen them appear on NBC’s The Sing-Off in the Fall of 2011.
Besides the bright yellow blazers, what makes this team of young men so unique is their dedication to pursuing a variety of different musical styles. All in one concert, you may hear a 19th century choral work, a Frank Sinatra standard, a gospel ballad, Little Richard’s Tutti Fruitti, a Beatles favorite, a rockin’ Aerosmith number, a dreamy 90s boy band hit, and maybe even some Lady GaGa! For more info on the Yellow Jackets, visit: www.jackets.org
To order your tickets for this fun-filled event, please visit www.gananda.org and follow the link to order tickets online and print them out at home!
Tickets are $8 each; Senior Citizens pay just $6, and children under 5 are free.There is an immediate family maximum of $32. Questions? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Funds raised will help support Gananda’s Performing Arts programs in Grades K-12.