- Is cursive writing cursed?
- Wolcott sex offender charged with endangering
- Rethinking Apple Retailing with “TreeCrisp2Go”
- Dante Taylor sentencing goes off without a hitch
- Woman grabs purse from elderly couple
- Two Macedon Trustees call for Village dissolution
- World Series of “Beep Baseball” comes to Rochester
- WayneNet nails mushroom seller
- Completion of Erie Canalway Trail in Arcadia
- Gananda proposes Capital Project
The Rank of Eagle Scout is forever recognized
- Updated: June 29, 2013
Last year was a record year for Troop 167 of Macedon (Gananda). In 2012, the Troop granted six scouts with the highest achievement in Boy Scouts, the rank of Eagle Scout. They were Phillip Hartman, Ryan Hunsinger, Alex Kastner, Michael Powell, Evan Schwind, and Nicholas Skrotzki.
The scouts may have thought that once they received their Eagle Scout awards, the recognition would stop there. In fact it was just the beginning.
On June 5, 2013, the boys were granted with yet another Eagle Scout Award from their charter organization, the Mason’s Drumlin Square Lodge No.1180. Also receiving the Mason’s award was Jeremy Unterborn of Troop 96 of Palmyra.
The rank of Eagle Scout is something these boys will keep for the rest of their lives. It is an honor they can always be proud of.