- Dairy farm fire in Walworth
- Cruelty Investigators seize 16 horses, other animals at Sodus property
- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
The Rank of Eagle Scout is forever recognized
- Updated: June 29, 2013
Last year was a record year for Troop 167 of Macedon (Gananda). In 2012, the Troop granted six scouts with the highest achievement in Boy Scouts, the rank of Eagle Scout. They were Phillip Hartman, Ryan Hunsinger, Alex Kastner, Michael Powell, Evan Schwind, and Nicholas Skrotzki.
The scouts may have thought that once they received their Eagle Scout awards, the recognition would stop there. In fact it was just the beginning.
On June 5, 2013, the boys were granted with yet another Eagle Scout Award from their charter organization, the Mason’s Drumlin Square Lodge No.1180. Also receiving the Mason’s award was Jeremy Unterborn of Troop 96 of Palmyra.
The rank of Eagle Scout is something these boys will keep for the rest of their lives. It is an honor they can always be proud of.