- AAA gives Daylight Savings driver/pedestrian tips
- Seniors beware of latest phone scams
- White’s Wines: What About the Rieslings?
- Palmyra files action against property owner
- Ontario man charged with shooting his dog in the head
- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
The Rank of Eagle Scout is forever recognized
- Updated: June 29, 2013
Last year was a record year for Troop 167 of Macedon (Gananda). In 2012, the Troop granted six scouts with the highest achievement in Boy Scouts, the rank of Eagle Scout. They were Phillip Hartman, Ryan Hunsinger, Alex Kastner, Michael Powell, Evan Schwind, and Nicholas Skrotzki.
The scouts may have thought that once they received their Eagle Scout awards, the recognition would stop there. In fact it was just the beginning.
On June 5, 2013, the boys were granted with yet another Eagle Scout Award from their charter organization, the Mason’s Drumlin Square Lodge No.1180. Also receiving the Mason’s award was Jeremy Unterborn of Troop 96 of Palmyra.
The rank of Eagle Scout is something these boys will keep for the rest of their lives. It is an honor they can always be proud of.