- AAA gives Daylight Savings driver/pedestrian tips
- Seniors beware of latest phone scams
- White’s Wines: What About the Rieslings?
- Palmyra files action against property owner
- Ontario man charged with shooting his dog in the head
- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
Road and Bridge Closures in Wayne County
- Updated: February 15, 2013
The Wayne County Highway Superintendent, Kevin Rooney reminds Sodus and Macedon area residents of two Bridge Closures that will be in effect soon.
The first is in the Town of Macedon. The North Wayneport Road bridge over the Erie Canal is due for rehabilitation to eliminate structural items noted by the State DOT and extending the usable life of the bridge. The work on the bridge will begin March 4th, weather permitting. Due to the extent of the repairs needed, the bridge will be closed for approximately four months, through the end of June 2013, with traffic begin detoured onto Route 31 and 31F and West Walworth Road and Quaker Road. Signs will be provided to notify the travelling public in advance of the anticipated closure dates.
Access to businesses and residences along North Wayneport Road will be maintained throughout the project to minimize the impacts of the bride closure.
The second project is a road closure in the Town of Sodus, due to a bridge replacement project. Arcadia-Zurich-Norris Road, in the Town of Sodus, will be closed between Quarry Road and Sodus Center Road.
This closure will be effective February 20, 2013 until August due to the bridge replacement project by the Order of the Wayne County Highway Superintendent.
A signed detour will be posted. The county asks for your patience and understanding during both of these projects.