- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
- Lyons votes 474 to 309 for Dissolution
- Two nabbed distributing Indian reservation cigarettes
Rain Ruins planned ROC Event at Spenser Speedway
- Updated: June 8, 2013
WILLIAMSON, NY…Heavy rains and a prospect of 60% more precipitation on Friday left Spencer Speedway officials with no other choice then to scrub plans for one of the speedway’s biggest programs of the year, the traveling RoC modifieds.
“We are rescheduling our RoC event to Friday, June 21st,” stated track promoter John White. “To do this, and not hold back our Sunoco modifieds in their NASCAR points battle, we will be changing their June 14th show to feature twin 20s, replacing the scheduled 35-lapper on the race card that night.”
Next on the track schedule for Friday, June 14, is a big 51-lap, $1,500 to win, Super Stock event. The first big event for the Super Stocks opened the season, back on May 17. The NASCAR Sunoco Modified are also on that race card running twin 20 lap features. Rounding out the program will be the Super Sixes and Auto Value 4-Cykinder Scorpion divisions.
“So far this year we have had an on again-off again issue with Mother Nature,” added White. “We lost our Test-and-Tune Friday event, we raced the following week, we then suffered a rain out on May 24, and then raced May 31. Based on this pattern, it’s every other week we have to be on the lookout for rain.”
If you bring the ticket stub from two weeks ago you can save a couple of dollars on next week’s admission price.
Spencer Speedway is located just fifteen minutes east of Rochester, NY, along Route 104 in the Town of Williamson. Spencer Speedway is the local “NASCAR Place to Race” for Central New York in 2013. Points earned each week at Spencer are counted into the national NASCAR Whelen All-American Points.