- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
Prime parcels near Walmart in Macedon go on the auction block
- Updated: August 20, 2011
Want an opportunity to own some prime real estate bordering the successful Walmart locations in the area? Now is your chance. Higgenbotham Auctioneers International Ltd., Inc. (“HAI”) has been retained to sell at auction nine commercial development tracts throughout the Western New York area, including parcels located adjacent to the Macedon Walmart Super Center on Route 31.
With the downturn in the economy, the parent company Spectra Commercial Real Estate, needs to unload these prime, high-visibility outparcels range in size from 0.90± to 1.38± acres.
The six Macedon commercial outparcels will be auctioned off beginning at 2 p.m. on Thursday, September 1st.
Property information packets detailing each property are available at higgenbotham.com or by contacting Higgenbotham Auctioneers at (800) 257-4161. Internet bidding is available; pre-registration is required for Internet bidding.
According to Macedon Building and Code Officer Scott Allen, Spectra Commercial Real Estate is a development firm which generally buys up prime land adjacent to WalMart Supercenters. They are high visibility properties, and a good business model for the developer. A few of the parcels need some “tweaking” on the dimensions, as the auction plans he has seen are slightly off from the original site plan approved in Macedon, but it is not a major issue said Allen.
Some of the parcels are located in front of the current strip mall Macedon Marketplace. The strip mall contains a liquor store and several national shoe and clothing outlets, Tanning and Dollar Store and an ATT Phone Center. The properties have been on the market for several years without success.
For further information, please contact Angie Poole at (800) 257-4161 or visit higgenbotham.com.