- Dairy farm fire in Walworth
- Cruelty Investigators seize 16 horses, other animals at Sodus property
- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
Organ Dedication Concert at North Ontario United Methodist Church
- Updated: March 14, 2012
The North Ontario United Methodist Church, 7200 Ontario Center Road, Ontario, NY is celebrating a new era in the music ministry of the church.
Wayne Skinner will on Saturday March 31, 2012 at 6 P.M. at the Church with a concert to dedicate our new Allen organ.
Mr. Skinner is a graduate of Boston Conservatory of Music. He began studying piano at age 7 and organ at age 15 with his grandmother who was a church organist and piano teacher. He has held organist and choir director positions in a number of churches since the age of 17 and has been involved in music education and piano and organ sales throughout his career. Mr. Skinner is a frequent performer in classical and theater organ programs and offers workshops for church organists. He presently manages the Allen Organ Division of Piano and Organ Center in Clay, NY, serves as Organist at Pitcher Hill Community Church in North Syracuse, NY, and is a member of the Executive Committee of the Syracuse Chapter of the American Guild of Organists.
An “act of God” in the form of a lightning strike destroyed the Church’s old organ; another act of God replaced it with a superior instrument. The new organ is a Protégé Two Manual Classical L-226e custom built by the Allen Organ Company of Macungie, PA.
The public is cordially invited to attend this dedication concert and a reception with light refreshments following the concert. For more information please call the church office at (315) 524-9509