- When one wife is just not enough
- Larcenies of ATVs solved
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
Organ Dedication Concert at North Ontario United Methodist Church
- Updated: March 14, 2012
The North Ontario United Methodist Church, 7200 Ontario Center Road, Ontario, NY is celebrating a new era in the music ministry of the church.
Wayne Skinner will on Saturday March 31, 2012 at 6 P.M. at the Church with a concert to dedicate our new Allen organ.
Mr. Skinner is a graduate of Boston Conservatory of Music. He began studying piano at age 7 and organ at age 15 with his grandmother who was a church organist and piano teacher. He has held organist and choir director positions in a number of churches since the age of 17 and has been involved in music education and piano and organ sales throughout his career. Mr. Skinner is a frequent performer in classical and theater organ programs and offers workshops for church organists. He presently manages the Allen Organ Division of Piano and Organ Center in Clay, NY, serves as Organist at Pitcher Hill Community Church in North Syracuse, NY, and is a member of the Executive Committee of the Syracuse Chapter of the American Guild of Organists.
An “act of God” in the form of a lightning strike destroyed the Church’s old organ; another act of God replaced it with a superior instrument. The new organ is a Protégé Two Manual Classical L-226e custom built by the Allen Organ Company of Macungie, PA.
The public is cordially invited to attend this dedication concert and a reception with light refreshments following the concert. For more information please call the church office at (315) 524-9509