- State approves a lottery where there are no losers!
- Lyons man heads to State Prison for haunting victim
- Farm Tour features Agriculture in Transition
- Apples, Apples, Apples
- Tony Stewart will not face charges in deadly crash
- Technology helps nail Dante Taylor for Murder
- Wayne County to conduct Aerial Spraying for EEE
- FLCC marks Banned Books Week
- Residents enjoy Camping at “Camp DeMay”
- Police seek leads in Dollar General Robbery
Newark H.S. Principal Whitaker Leaving
- Updated: January 11, 2013
After more than nine years as principal of Newark High School, Kevin Whitaker will be leaving next month to become the Assistant Superintendent for School Improvement and Accountability in the Geneva City School District.
The Geneva Board of Education unaimously approved his appointment, effective February 4.
“We’ve accomplished a lot in almost 10 years here,’’ Whitaker said. “It will be hard to leave. I have made a lot of friends in Newark. I’m already starting to miss the kids.’’
Superintendent Henry Hann said the search for a permanent replacement for Whitaker will begin immediately. An interim principal will fill the vacancy until a permanent replacement for Whitaker can be hired.