- Larcenies of ATVs solved
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
Newark H.S. Principal Whitaker Leaving
- Updated: January 11, 2013
After more than nine years as principal of Newark High School, Kevin Whitaker will be leaving next month to become the Assistant Superintendent for School Improvement and Accountability in the Geneva City School District.
The Geneva Board of Education unaimously approved his appointment, effective February 4.
“We’ve accomplished a lot in almost 10 years here,’’ Whitaker said. “It will be hard to leave. I have made a lot of friends in Newark. I’m already starting to miss the kids.’’
Superintendent Henry Hann said the search for a permanent replacement for Whitaker will begin immediately. An interim principal will fill the vacancy until a permanent replacement for Whitaker can be hired.