- Electricity bills double for Walworth Sewer Plant
- North Rose whistle stop a must see
- Local Scout gives report in Washington, DC
- Model trains more than a hobby
- Accidents highlight the dangers of Snowmobiling
- Charter School Plans to Open in Phelps
- One Second, Everything Changes
- Dante Taylor murder trial delayed until this Fall
- Palmyra man charged with 7th DWI
- Who is the real (?) Lori Michelle Scott
Newark H.S. Principal Whitaker Leaving
- Updated: January 11, 2013
After more than nine years as principal of Newark High School, Kevin Whitaker will be leaving next month to become the Assistant Superintendent for School Improvement and Accountability in the Geneva City School District.
The Geneva Board of Education unaimously approved his appointment, effective February 4.
“We’ve accomplished a lot in almost 10 years here,’’ Whitaker said. “It will be hard to leave. I have made a lot of friends in Newark. I’m already starting to miss the kids.’’
Superintendent Henry Hann said the search for a permanent replacement for Whitaker will begin immediately. An interim principal will fill the vacancy until a permanent replacement for Whitaker can be hired.