- Two Macedon Trustees call for Village dissolution
- World Series of “Beep Baseball” comes to Rochester
- WayneNet nails mushroom seller
- Completion of Erie Canalway Trail in Arcadia
- Gananda proposes Capital Project
- Twin Docs follow in each other’s footsteps
- Gananda student faces felony charge after terroristic threats
- Newark Police receive new K-9
- Sodus Chamber Mural under way
- So, you want to be a Sportscaster…
Newark H.S. Principal Whitaker Leaving
- Updated: January 11, 2013
After more than nine years as principal of Newark High School, Kevin Whitaker will be leaving next month to become the Assistant Superintendent for School Improvement and Accountability in the Geneva City School District.
The Geneva Board of Education unaimously approved his appointment, effective February 4.
“We’ve accomplished a lot in almost 10 years here,’’ Whitaker said. “It will be hard to leave. I have made a lot of friends in Newark. I’m already starting to miss the kids.’’
Superintendent Henry Hann said the search for a permanent replacement for Whitaker will begin immediately. An interim principal will fill the vacancy until a permanent replacement for Whitaker can be hired.