- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
- Voters reaffirm Dissolution of Lyons Village – Now What?
- Lyons votes 474 to 309 for Dissolution
- Two nabbed distributing Indian reservation cigarettes
New Cross on Yellow Steeple in Macedon Center
- Updated: September 27, 2013
Macedon Firefighter Cory Trapiss in the blue shirt, worked with Macedon Center firefighter John (Skinny) Regis last week to install a new cross on the steeple of the Macedon Center United Methodist Church.
The old cross blew off during a Spring wind storm. The 200+ year-old church erected a steeple in 1881. Using the Macedon Fire ladder truck, the boys lifted the heavy aluminum cross into place seventy-five feet above ground level as Church onlookers watched.
The cross was fabricated by Mark Knapp at his residence on Downs Road.