- AAA gives Daylight Savings driver/pedestrian tips
- Seniors beware of latest phone scams
- White’s Wines: What About the Rieslings?
- Palmyra files action against property owner
- Ontario man charged with shooting his dog in the head
- Lyons Teen charged with sex with 13 year old
- Farm Grant aids education at Lyons Central
- Sports Boosters Monte Carlo Night
- Recyclers cutting utility pole ground wires
- Are we ready for Ebola?
New Cross on Yellow Steeple in Macedon Center
- Updated: September 27, 2013
Macedon Firefighter Cory Trapiss in the blue shirt, worked with Macedon Center firefighter John (Skinny) Regis last week to install a new cross on the steeple of the Macedon Center United Methodist Church.
The old cross blew off during a Spring wind storm. The 200+ year-old church erected a steeple in 1881. Using the Macedon Fire ladder truck, the boys lifted the heavy aluminum cross into place seventy-five feet above ground level as Church onlookers watched.
The cross was fabricated by Mark Knapp at his residence on Downs Road.