- Bomb Threat at Garlock Plant
- Three apprehended for armed robberies in Ontario
- Electricity bills double for Walworth Sewer Plant
- North Rose whistle stop a must see
- Local Scout gives report in Washington, DC
- Model trains more than a hobby
- Accidents highlight the dangers of Snowmobiling
- Charter School Plans to Open in Phelps
- One Second, Everything Changes
- Dante Taylor murder trial delayed until this Fall
New Cross on Yellow Steeple in Macedon Center
- Updated: September 27, 2013
Macedon Firefighter Cory Trapiss in the blue shirt, worked with Macedon Center firefighter John (Skinny) Regis last week to install a new cross on the steeple of the Macedon Center United Methodist Church.
The old cross blew off during a Spring wind storm. The 200+ year-old church erected a steeple in 1881. Using the Macedon Fire ladder truck, the boys lifted the heavy aluminum cross into place seventy-five feet above ground level as Church onlookers watched.
The cross was fabricated by Mark Knapp at his residence on Downs Road.