- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
New Cross on Yellow Steeple in Macedon Center
- Updated: September 27, 2013
Macedon Firefighter Cory Trapiss in the blue shirt, worked with Macedon Center firefighter John (Skinny) Regis last week to install a new cross on the steeple of the Macedon Center United Methodist Church.
The old cross blew off during a Spring wind storm. The 200+ year-old church erected a steeple in 1881. Using the Macedon Fire ladder truck, the boys lifted the heavy aluminum cross into place seventy-five feet above ground level as Church onlookers watched.
The cross was fabricated by Mark Knapp at his residence on Downs Road.