- Train Traveler charged in Wallet Theft
- Rehearsals for Play Begin at Newark High School
- Mom charged with Endangering, driving without child restraint
- Sculptor Albert Paley visit FLCC for forum
- Fun vs. Privacy
- What if you make too much to get help?
- When one wife is just not enough
- Larcenies of ATVs solved
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
New Cross on Yellow Steeple in Macedon Center
- Updated: September 27, 2013
Macedon Firefighter Cory Trapiss in the blue shirt, worked with Macedon Center firefighter John (Skinny) Regis last week to install a new cross on the steeple of the Macedon Center United Methodist Church.
The old cross blew off during a Spring wind storm. The 200+ year-old church erected a steeple in 1881. Using the Macedon Fire ladder truck, the boys lifted the heavy aluminum cross into place seventy-five feet above ground level as Church onlookers watched.
The cross was fabricated by Mark Knapp at his residence on Downs Road.