- Driver goes through stop sign and guardrail, ends up in Mill Pond
- Dairy farm fire in Walworth
- Cruelty Investigators seize 16 horses, other animals at Sodus property
- Fatal accident in Wolcott
- Crumbling historic Academy Building in Walworth demolished
- Palmyra Police Chief forced out
- Dr. accused of gun sign theft has case moved
- Town Justice suing the Town of Ontario
- Early morning Fire at Garden Center
- Car theft leads to high speed chase down Route 31
Marion Youth Score Big at the Aquafina Pitch, Hit and Run
- Updated: June 4, 2011
Marion Youth Baseball and Softball hosted one of many local PITCH, HIT & RUN™ competitions on the League’s Opening Day in April. Competitors who achieved scores high enough at the local level qualified for the Regional event. Last weekend the Regional competition took place at Rochester’s Frontier Field.
Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks was on hand for the opening ceremony of the event which had about 150 competitors from all over the region, participating in front of hundreds of spectators. This Regional event included 10 local qualifiers from Marion. Roman Brozoski, Connor Crego, McKenzie Karpp, Abby Kier, Emma Lewis, Tommy Mattison, Abigail Milford, Hannah Milford, Michael Phelps and Logan Stewart all traveled to the Rochester Red Wings home field to compete in the skills competition.
The four age groups for boys and girls ages 7 to 14 allow for 8 first place medals to be awarded and Marion youth brought home 2 of those. Taking first place for their age groups were Roman Brozoski and Tommy Mattison. In the coming days they will be notified if their scores qualify them to move to the Major League Baseball Team Championship competition at Yankee Stadium in New York City. Winners at the Team Championships qualify for the National Championship event in July at the MLB All Star Game held at Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona.
Also medaling were McKenzie Karpp (3rd), Emma Lewis (3rd) and Michael Phelps (2nd).
Event organizers were impressed by Marion’s strong showing and support.