- Larcenies of ATVs solved
- Macedon Town Clerk turns in resignation
- 101 grams of cocaine and a gun he thought was real
- Zornow wins Republican nomination for Newark Mayor
- Why do drug addicts develop skin abrasions?
- Mayoral Race Heating Up In Newark
- Wayne Grad named Commander of Recruiting
- Man allegedly ingests bag of crack cocaine during arrest
- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
Marion Youth Score Big at the Aquafina Pitch, Hit and Run
- Updated: June 4, 2011
Marion Youth Baseball and Softball hosted one of many local PITCH, HIT & RUN™ competitions on the League’s Opening Day in April. Competitors who achieved scores high enough at the local level qualified for the Regional event. Last weekend the Regional competition took place at Rochester’s Frontier Field.
Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks was on hand for the opening ceremony of the event which had about 150 competitors from all over the region, participating in front of hundreds of spectators. This Regional event included 10 local qualifiers from Marion. Roman Brozoski, Connor Crego, McKenzie Karpp, Abby Kier, Emma Lewis, Tommy Mattison, Abigail Milford, Hannah Milford, Michael Phelps and Logan Stewart all traveled to the Rochester Red Wings home field to compete in the skills competition.
The four age groups for boys and girls ages 7 to 14 allow for 8 first place medals to be awarded and Marion youth brought home 2 of those. Taking first place for their age groups were Roman Brozoski and Tommy Mattison. In the coming days they will be notified if their scores qualify them to move to the Major League Baseball Team Championship competition at Yankee Stadium in New York City. Winners at the Team Championships qualify for the National Championship event in July at the MLB All Star Game held at Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona.
Also medaling were McKenzie Karpp (3rd), Emma Lewis (3rd) and Michael Phelps (2nd).
Event organizers were impressed by Marion’s strong showing and support.