- On the beaches of Normandy, from a French child’s eye
- Newark Walmart hit with $1,117 loss in stolen baby formula
- Missing person case ends in tragedy
- Macedon Village Ambulance problems to lead to demise?
- Body of missing Macedon man found
- Huron man reportedly milking the system
- Power outages, damage hit County hard during Tuesday’s storms
- Wife of double murder suspect jailed
- It took a community to raise the flagpole
- Local teacher selected Special Olympics Umpire
Local man’s documentary receives distribution
- Updated: February 1, 2014
Former Lyons resident, Matt Reynolds has recently received a distribution deal for his award winning documentary, The Great Chicken Wing Hunt. The documentary was released in select theaters and on-demand everywhere on January 14 and started a special Super Bowl week run on Hulu on Thursday, January 30.
The documentary comedy about Buffalo wings and the band of misfits who set out to find the world’s best one, tells the story of how the lowly Buffalo wing, invented thanks to a series of coincidences, conquered the world. It explores the wings’ place in American culture, the notion of culinary perfection, and director Matt Reynolds’ personal journey home from Europe to New York’s wingmaking region. The documentary was filmed throughout the state of NY, including Reynolds home town of Lyons.
Wing Hunt played more than 20 U.S. and international festivals, including STARZ Denver, Austin, and Woodstock, and won awards at Memphis, Indie Spirit, Big Apple and Williamsburg.
The Great Chicken Wing Hunt opened at the Ohmann Theatre in Lyons on Saturday Jan. 25 to a full house where Reynolds was present the LIFA (Lyons Indie Film Award) by producers Larry Ann Evans and Dave Reynolds.